• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serial (podcast)

Has anyone else listened to Undisclosed yet?

Listened to the first 8 episodes a few weeks back and liked it. I stopped because I feel like I've learned as much as I'll ever know: Not sure if Adnan did it, but don't believe he should have been convicted.

Has anyone else listened to Undisclosed yet?

Listened to the first 8 episodes a few weeks back and liked it. I stopped because I feel like I've learned as much as I'll ever know: Not sure if Adnan did it, but don't believe he should have been convicted.

Yes, we've listened to a lot (most?). I probably haven't listened to anything new within the last month, but was mostly caught up before that.

It's obviously a bit biased from the Adnan defense perspective, but I tend to fall into the I'm not 100% sure he's innocent, but I don't think he should've been convicted camp. That police department and prosecutor...ugh.

I was looking forward to ep 4 as 3 was pretty solid (Escaping). Turns out ep 4 was purely "educational" and didn't really have any sort of cliffhanger at the end.

C'mon, Sarah...

I'm wondering if given the tepid response to this season and how Making a Murderer is sort of the phenomenon S1 of Serial was, if they'll go back to some unknown true crime case. They probably have received a lot of outreach from lawyers, convicts, the general public about cases to look into.

Just kind of feels like the guy interviewing Bergdahl is doing all the work for them. Really baffling decision to go with this case.

I stopped listening. Should've just went out on season 1 if they were going to go with this. Hopefully they're making money at least?

Hello!

I have news: We are changing the schedule, so that now, new episodes of Season Two will come out every other week, instead of once a week. I know! I know...it’s maybe not what you wanted to hear. But, there’s a good and exciting reason, which is that we’re adding more material. This story goes in so many directions, and as we’re reporting it we’re getting access to more of the key people close to Bergdahl’s case, and to more information than we initially thought we would. Which is great. And which means we’re going to be adding at least one extra episode to the series. To do that—or at least to do it right—will take some time. Hence the change.

So to be clear: The next episode of Serial will come out on Thursday, Jan. 21st. During in-between weeks, we’ll have new posts and graphics on our website. We’ll keep you updated on all of that via our social media accounts.

And thank you, everyone, for listening to the show. Your response has been terrifically encouraging.

Until next week,
Sarah K. and the Serial Staff

Adnan was about did he do it and how the justice system can railroad you and innocent until proven guilty is a joke. This is whether he's a piece of shit deserter or a slightly less piece of shit deserter. thrilling

Just kind of feels like the guy interviewing Bergdahl is doing all the work for them. Really baffling decision to go with this case.

They were working on a better S2, but couldn't get the content done in time. So they scrambled and came up with this.

Much better this week.

Not surprisingly, Bowe's recordings are mostly absent.

Episode 6 out today.

This one just underscored Bergdahl's warped sense of self and his inability to grasp actual (versus tv/movies) military culture, in my mind.

I get that overall COIN was/is likely 'bullshit', but Bowe's reasoning for going off the reservation is myopic at best and I don't really see those points connected by more than tenuous strands.

Three Days of Adnan's Hearing are in the books. Serial Reddit is alive again.

Lots of good stuff there, including an AMA with NPR reporters who were at the hearing (beginning very soon ~6pm EST).

Sarah Koenig is also producing daily updates on the Serial website. She's completely reinvigorated, too, just like the first Season.

I think I hate Bowe more with each episode.

Back