• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seth Allen Staying In The ACC

Pilchard

Reaction score
Reports are that MD Guard Seth Allen (MD's 2nd leading scorer 13.4 ppg; shot 38% from 3) has decided to transfer and is considering UVA, VT and State. He would be a good get. The ACC conference transfer rule (requiring intra-conference transfer to sit out an extra year) no longer applies to MD transfers.

Last edited:
So maybe he didn't want to play in Iowa City

WTF is going on with Turgeon at MD? They're blowing up. Allen is talented. I'm guessing he ends up at VT or maybe State because of ample p-t and more freedom on the court than he'd have with Bennett at UVA.

Word is that Turgeon is unhappy at MD (and MD fans are unhappy with Turgeon). Among other things, he was not happy with MD's move to the Big 10, he lost one assistant (Dalonte Hill) due to a second DUI arrest and related questionable behavior, he lost another assistant (Scott Spinelli) to BC (you know things are bad when an assistant leaves MD to go to BC), he does not like the traffic in DC, and the team has been really disappointing (3 years, 1 NIT, no NCAAs). With 4 transfers and not a lot of returning talent, looks like MD is in for another tough year and probably the end of the Turgeon era in College Park after the upcoming season.

Would be hilarious if MD re-hired Garry Williams.

Last edited:
I wonder if UM will stick with Turgeon until the end of his contract solely for financial reasons. Even then , depending on how much they pay to the ACC for the exit fee, having the money to pay a big-time coach may be iffy. It could be a situation of they can't afford not to pay up.

Word is that Turgeon is unhappy at MD (and MD fans are unhappy with Turgeon). Among other things, he was not happy with MD's move to the Big 10, he lost one assistant (Dalonte Hill) due to a second DUI arrest and related questionable behavior, he lost another assistant (Scott Spinelli) to BC (you know things are bad when an assistant leaves MD to go to BC), he does not like the traffic in DC, and the team has been really disappointing (3 years, 1 NIT, no NCAAs). With 4 transfers and not a lot of returning talent, looks like MD is in for another tough year and probably the end of the Turgeon era in College Park after the upcoming season.

Would be hilarious if MD re-hired Garry Williams.

GDub is done. His recruiting and attention to the program started dropping gradually after his Natty. I'm wondering if they'll be a player for either Marshall or Smart next year.

They will try to be a player for both. However, it may not get them either one.

WTF is going on with Turgeon at MD? They're blowing up. Allen is talented. I'm guessing he ends up at VT or maybe State because of ample p-t and more freedom on the court than he'd have with Bennett at UVA.

Recruits were recruited for & from the ACC area. Asst coaches also. I heard Turgeon on Sirius College during Final a Four weekend and he said they have to totally rehear their recruiting. Kids want to play where friends & family can see them in person and on TV. They are now going to be in Big 10 area so they will retool where they recruit. Makes sense.

Knew Buzz would get him.....interesting but think this will be the 1st time a player has ever played for different ACC teams in consecutive years....

This transfer business/conferences realignments are just plain whacked!.....:tard:

Last edited:
Knew Buzz would get him.....interesting but think this will be the 1st time a player has ever played for different ACC teams in consecutive years....

Allen is not eligible next season. He will have to take a redshirt year as an NCAA transfer.

Allen is not eligible next season. He will have to take a redshirt year as an NCAA transfer.

Oops...my bad!.....:tear:

But when was the last time a player played for 2 different ACC teams in his college "career"....must be exceptionally rare....

Guess you can't count makhtar, since he never really played at Wake...but ended up at UNC. Gbinije at Cuse started at Duke, but the transfer happened before the realignment, if that matters

Even with expansion, the list must be fairly short. Paul Long, a Wake star in the mid-60s, started his career at VT. If you want to count guys who at least committed to an ACC school before playing for another, Montrezl Harrell also fits.

Oops...my bad!.....:tear:

But when was the last time a player played for 2 different ACC teams in his college "career"....must be exceptionally rare....

Remember Paul Long - played for Wake a few years before I got there....didn't know he was a Hokie too....

Duke's Greg Paulus played BB for Duke and FB for Cuse.

Back