• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA! - LET'S BE POSITIVE. WE'RE STILL ALIVE!

Wow just noticed there was a thread dedicated to tracking flights. You guys are way ahead of me

I am just happy we still have a chance. I can kind of picture Shaka here.

I am just happy we still have a chance. I can kind of picture Shaka here.

I definitely can. Dude would be the mayor of W-S. We'd get the townies back. We'd get the students back. Wake would have a brand eclipsing that which Skip built. I need a cold shower, a beer, and a cig now.

Chris Engel ‏@ChrisEngel24 1h
Good morning America. #ShakaWatch has hit Day 4. Presser at 2pm. #mubb

I know it was mentioned earlier, but I have to think that beyond the money, a couple of key selling points for us are the fact that:

1. The Joel renovations. The new coach should be able to essentially shape the facility how he wants.

2. A billion open scholarships in 2 years. I know we tend to think of our enormous junior class as a negative, but perhaps it could be sold that the new coach will be handed a veteran team for his first 2 years, then will have an opportunity to build an entire roster from scratch as he sees fit.

I know it was mentioned earlier, but I have to think that beyond the money, a couple of key selling points for us are the fact that:

1. The Joel renovations. The new coach should be able to essentially shape the facility how he wants.

2. A billion open scholarships in 2 years. I know we tend to think of our enormous junior class as a negative, but perhaps it could be sold that the new coach will be handed a veteran team for his first 2 years, then will have an opportunity to build an entire roster from scratch as he sees fit.

I would think you're right on the junior class because they should be a lot more equipped to win than with 2-3 JR/SR on the roster. Like you said, this should ease the transition from players you didn't recruit to those you do.

We need to sweeten the offer for his wife, get her that professorship, a nice spread in Buena Vista

For once. Just once. It would be incredible for Wake fans to actually get a big time break. For as long as I can remember, we haven't had one of these "Shaka" type build ups actually go our way. If it did happen, I doubt we'd know how to react. Kind of like handing a kid the keys to a Lamborghini and saying, here its yours. I'll probably just piss my pants.

For once. Just once. It would be incredible for Wake fans to actually get a big time break. For as long as I can remember, we haven't had one of these "Shaka" type build ups actually go our way. If it did happen, I doubt we'd know how to react. Kind of like handing a kid the keys to a Lamborghini and saying, here its yours. I'll probably just piss my pants.

ROLE THE QUAD

I know, that's why I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but it's hard not to. I honestly think it could be the type of hire that could take our program to a level it's never been before. I'm not saying we will turn into Duke, but people forget that when Coach K went there, Duke was just another program, nothing special. I think with the right coach and the right approach, we can become a yearly top 25 program and win the whole freaking thing one day.

yep

I think ron sends us little messages. 1. When he gave his reasons for inviting nc state to the ncaa he meant "dont worry wake fans bz cant win on the road he is gone. 2. When shaka recently criticized coach k he was preparing for more sparring when joining acc. Ron and shaka had already started moving. 3. When ron said it may not be announced for a fee weeks he meant "shaka has a $600,000 pay out if he leaves before aprilso wehave to wait

And then quickly wrap it around a tree?

If we get Smart, I'll wrap him around a tree, if you know what I mean. :twdeac:

The Aminu buildup was a lot like this. Very exciting when we got him, though it was the prelude to the saddest moment in Wake sports.

Back