• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep on Maryland board

BTW, mad respect if you guys can come over there and compete at the top. I'm consistently in the Top 3 for the season on the Terps board, but when I used to play seasons over here, I'd be in the 10-15 range. I think it's just subtle cultural differences or something, I dunno, but it's noticeably a tougher game when you don't have a bunch of like-minded people (for whatever reason) around. AnonymousDeac even commented on the difference in the games on the two boards during the games today.

And that's why tiltdeac and hoopschick were the best at this (are they still around)? They'd dominate on both boards.

Agreed. I was #2 in the preseason but with the cultural and inside board knowledge, it's hard to consistently stay at the top. I'm not sure what I was on the wake boards but I would say top 5. I would be surprised if I finished top 5 on the MD boards, but am hoping for a top 10 finish on the MD boards.

Found the standings for the team sheep season and such...NOT including the 4 week postseason

Sheep2011wk10.jpg

btw UMTerp for reference, #1, 2, and 3 on that list were all on the same team. Don't remember who the last member was but they were high up too. In one of the weeks they took the entire podium, it was impressive

btw UMTerp for reference, #1, 2, and 3 on that list were all on the same team. Don't remember who the last member was but they were high up too. In one of the weeks they took the entire podium, it was impressive

I had no idea there was even a season over here, and I check this board at least every 2-3 days. Was it recently?

I have a really good system (which I started used semi-recently) that isn't cheating, but I'm fairly certain almost nobody else uses. It comes in handy on at least half the questions. At some point, I'd like to reveal it, but I don't want to give away my secrets either... But like any other system, you can only rely on it so much, and common sense / instinct has to rule the day.

Last edited:
Booo. There's no place for that. This is such a good message board game, but in some sense, it relies on the participants being honest. If you even surveyed 5 people on each question, you'd have *such* a big advantage over everyone else, and that just ruins the spirit of the game.

BTW, I have a really good system (which I started used semi-recently) that isn't cheating, but I'm fairly certain almost nobody else uses. It comes in handy on at least half the questions. At some point, I'd like to reveal it, but I don't want to give away my secrets either... But like any other system, you can only rely on it so much, and common sense / instinct has to rule the day.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke....like they were accused of doping or pay for play scandal....not genuinely sharing answers like Bish does...

Season was last spring IIRC...

I did a quick go through of the players that played in the last Wake season compared with what have played in the MD Season so far and it's around ~20 players or so.

When will the next season be here? And when it's going on would it be better to take a break on the Suque so 2 seasons are running simultaneously?

I pulled a Wake. Up a lot and faded to 46.

Nice job Nonny......

last two questions took me down hard. Also for the state question went with proximity to Maryland over first in list like a dummy...

Congrats Nonny.

Our team is going to be unstoppable when I get my form back.

Congrats Nonny.

Our team is going to be unstoppable when I get my form back.

Moving to DC has killed you. RTQ has been doing fantastic and our new member has been pretty consistent and I expect big things from him.

If we can get you anywhere near tip top form, I expect big things.

BTW, mad respect if you guys can come over there and compete at the top. I'm consistently in the Top 3 for the season on the Terps board, but when I used to play seasons over here, I'd be in the 10-15 range. I think it's just subtle cultural differences or something, I dunno, but it's noticeably a tougher game when you don't have a bunch of like-minded people (for whatever reason) around. AnonymousDeac even commented on the difference in the games on the two boards during the games today.

And that's why tiltdeac and hoopschick were the best at this (are they still around)? They'd dominate on both boards.

Work has been pretty insane for me on top of moving, buying a house, etc. I haven't been posting much at all here, and barely even visit your board anymore :(. I tried to play last season, but ended up missing a few weeks and generally sucking. Agree on the cultural differences, it's a pretty different game on each board. Although for some reason I think my best ever season was over on yours.

Back