• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep on Maryland board

That would be interesting. I'd have to figure out the exact qualifications for that because I'd want to make sure that those players included in that game were all active players. So maybe the bottom 30 people who participated in at least XX amount of games.

edit: And to make it even more interesting I'd run it the same week as the All-Star game with the same questions. Both have the same deadline and reveal at the same time.

Would be kind of interesting to see how some of the responses varied.

That would be interesting. I'd have to figure out the exact qualifications for that because I'd want to make sure that those players included in that game were all active players. So maybe the bottom 30 people who participated in at least XX amount of games.

edit: And to make it even more interesting I'd run it the same week as the All-Star game with the same questions. Both have the same deadline and reveal at the same time.

Would be kind of interesting to see how some of the responses varied.

Yeah, I think the question mark would be participation - the bottom 30 seems to consist of those of us that are bad at the game AND have a tendency to flake out on multiple weeks.

I do enjoy laughing at myself with my answers, like easily being able to draw the Canadian flag. It seemed like a good answer when I put it.

Yeah, I think the question mark would be participation - the bottom 30 seems to consist of those of us that are bad at the game AND have a tendency to flake out on multiple weeks.

I do enjoy laughing at myself with my answers, like easily being able to draw the Canadian flag. It seemed like a good answer when I put it.

Maybe have the lowest 30 with XX amount of games, that also indicate an interest to play that week?

Alphabet sheep!

"This game is called "Alphabet Sheep". This should be a nice Pre-Season warmup before we start Season 2. UMTerp has played this on another board, and he wrote the game for me, but he asked me to run it because he doesn't have the time / he's lazy. This game will take you more time than normal to craft your entry, but hopefully it will be a lot of fun and a nice diversion from the season. He's not going to play. The rules are as follows:

There are 27 questions. ONE OF YOUR ANSWERS MUST START WITH EACH LETTER OF THE ALPHABET. To make it a little easier (or is it?), you will use one letter of your choice twice. If you don't use each letter, your entry will be invalid, and will not be scored. I will PM you once if your entry is illegal - the second time is on you, so be sure to double-check.

It sounds tougher than it is. You might have one or two letters that don't "fit", and you'll have to do some swapping of answers, and you'll still end up with a strange answer or two, but nobody's getting close to a perfect score here.

For proper names, you can use first or last name. Example: "Name an actress." "Julia Roberts" would count as a "J", "Roberts" would count as an "R", and "Marylin Monroe" and "Monroe" would both count as "M's", and would be combined for scoring purposes. Post any other rules questions in the thread, and either UMTerp or I will answer them for you."

Hopefully this game will be fun for you Sheep fans. Here are the questions for those that don't feel like clicking:

1. A great President
2. A Canadian Provence
3. Something people do for exercise
4. A mythical animal
5. A sport with a small ball
6. Something you make with eggs
7. _______ Bill
8. An animal that jumps
9. A unit of time
10. An instrument in an orchestra
11. A Seth Rogen movie
12. _______ Bolt
13. A video game system
14. A dangerous profession
15. A popular animal at the zoo
16. A hated sports team
17. A midwestern state
18. Magic _______
19. A large appliance
20. A position on a football team
21. A noble gas
22. A Central American Country
23. A great hockey player
24. Mount _______
25. A bird of prey
26. A type of fastener
27. Something on a string

Remember, the "challenge" is that at least one of your answers has to start with each letter of the alphabet. (You'll use one letter of your choice twice, hence the 27 questions.)

PMs still go to dXL on the Maryland board.

We should get more wake posters to submit teams.....is everyone sheeped out??

I am running solo and could jump on a team if someone was desperate - but they would need to be desperate because I am very bad.

I would join a non-competitive Wake team.

I don't see how any question gets more than 5 points this week. seems like it would be really spread out.

Hopefully this game will be fun for you Sheep fans. Here are the questions for those that don't feel like clicking:

1. A great President
2. A Canadian Provence
3. Something people do for exercise
4. A mythical animal
5. A sport with a small ball
6. Something you make with eggs
7. _______ Bill
8. An animal that jumps
9. A unit of time
10. An instrument in an orchestra
11. A Seth Rogen movie
12. _______ Bolt
13. A video game system
14. A dangerous profession
15. A popular animal at the zoo
16. A hated sports team
17. A midwestern state
18. Magic _______
19. A large appliance
20. A position on a football team
21. A noble gas
22. A Central American Country
23. A great hockey player
24. Mount _______
25. A bird of prey
26. A type of fastener
27. Something on a string

Remember, the "challenge" is that at least one of your answers has to start with each letter of the alphabet. (You'll use one letter of your choice twice, hence the 27 questions.)

PMs still go to dXL on the Maryland board.

This was fun, even though I did horrible.

Shocked I didn't come in last, and I happy I switched my answer for #1 from Martin Van Buren. Not so happy that I switched Eagle to Falcon or used Year for a unit of time, but oh well.

Yeah I liked the format. Made me think more than normal.

Back