• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Playoffs Week 3: Answers due Friday at 12

I’m gonna bet y’all have read more Dr Seuss than you have Twain but for some reason you all skip the good doctor.

It’s times like this I feel like I don’t understand you people.
Numbers found out 3 years ago that Dr. Seuss wasn't his real name.

Who is Athema #nogrouping

me-mods.gif

Wasn’t his middle name Seuss? Didn’t feel enough like a real made up pen name.

I fully expect a correction once Townie is done with his initial calculations.
Have not done this before but I will be issuing a real time score correction. For question 1 (29 was not the correct # anyway, it was 22 when I’d originally combined Big Dipper and Ursa Minor), here are recalculated results:

Orion - 19
Big Dipper 14
Ursa Minor - 8
Cancer - 1

For those of you who answered Ursa Minor/Big Dipper or Ursa Minor (Big Dipper) I went with your first answer. This trips me up in grouping and I didn’t bother to google the first time around to see if they were in fact the same time. Some basic scrutiny tells me they are not, just as I wouldn’t group Monkey with Chimpanzee.

Thanks for understanding, apologies for delay.

Have not done this before but I will be issuing a real time score correction. For question 1 (29 was not the correct # anyway, it was 22 when I’d originally combined Big Dipper and Ursa Minor), here are recalculated results:

Orion - 19
Big Dipper 14
Ursa Minor - 8
Cancer - 1

For those of you who answered Ursa Minor/Big Dipper or Ursa Minor (Big Dipper) I went with your first answer. This trips me up in grouping and I didn’t bother to google the first time around to see if they were in fact the same time. Some basic scrutiny tells me they are not, just as I wouldn’t group Monkey with Chimpanzee.

FUUUCK

7. A Greek goddess
Athena - 33
Hera - 5
Aphrodite - 4

8. Someone who used a pen name
Mark Twain - 34
Dr. Seuss - 4
Stephen King - 2
Ben Franklin, George Eliot - 1

9. Animal known for its intelligence
Dolphin - 27
Chimpanzee - 8
Elephant - 2
Gorilla, monkey, octopus, owl, whale - 1

Orion - 19
Big Dipper 14
Ursa Minor - 8
Cancer - 1

That's some cultured shit right there townie.

leonardo-glass-leonardo.gif

people really said Ursa Minor? That's even less groupable with Big Dipper, which is in Ursa Major, a completely different constellation.

Orion - 19
Big Dipper 14
Ursa Minor - 8
Cancer - 1

The man giveth, then he taketh away.

Says a lot about y'all that you went with the goddess of war strategy and wisdom vs. love and beauty

What building do the Ursa Major players need to storm to stop the certification of these Sheep results?

Back