• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHELTON MITCHELL DECOMMITS?

less than 5%...it could easily be 0%, but they have no interest in being anything other than assholes.

Unfortunately, it seems to be the 5% who actually post regularly. Amirite?!

fozzie.png

I don't do pink polka dots......and I'd prefer a bowler or Jeff cap if I was in public like that.

With graham signing with KU and Ollie flirting with the Lakers Kansas and Uconn are off the list Oregon, Cal and Tenn. are heavily being considered by Shelton. He would have to sit out one year if he stayed in the ACC. His knee is not %100 yet but he is playing in a charity game tonight in Greensboro along with Harry Giles, Theo Pinson, Quincy Miller and others.

Link to Game

With graham signing with KU and Ollie flirting with the Lakers Kansas and Uconn are off the list Oregon, Cal and Tenn. are heavily being considered by Shelton. He would have to sit out one year if he stayed in the ACC. His knee is not %100 yet but he is playing in a charity game tonight in Greensboro along with Harry Giles, Theo Pinson, Quincy Miller and others.

Link to Game

So, would you say that Wake is completely off his list?

Sorry to see Shelton go. Can't help but think Manning told him he really liked Wilbekin and he believed he was going to be his floor leader. Ala Dean Smith telling John Crotty that King Rice was going to be his PG. Who knows. The timing certainly suggests Shelton asked DM point blank, and DM told him. Just sheer conjecture, but....

Sorry to see Shelton go. Can't help but think Manning told him he really liked Wilbekin and he believed he was going to be his floor leader. Ala Dean Smith telling John Crotty that King Rice was going to be his PG. Who knows. The timing certainly suggests Shelton asked DM point blank, and DM told him. Just sheer conjecture, but....

Definitely sheer conjecture. Seems more likely to me that he didn't connect with the new coaching staff, wavered in his commitment, and Manning moved quickly to replace him.

Eh.

He was a good player, but not going to make or break the program. Wish our first recruiting news under Manning had been positive, but, otherwise, don't think this impacts the program really at all.

And, we need someone on this team who can shoot. We can't have a line-up were our only decent shooter is at the four. Shelton, CMM, McClinton, Cav, and Devin would have been our most talented line-up, but not our most effective. Put CMM at the one and bring in a good shooter for the 2. Hopefully the new commit is that guy.

I question the sanity of any player that was dumb enough to commit to play for Jeff [Redacted] after his first couple years here.

We clearly need guys who can shoot, and by all accounts, Shelton was not that guy. We appear to be much better off with CMM and Wilbekin, with MJ off the bench, than with Shelton, CMM and MJ. Moto transferring is really bothering me because we also need strength inside. I can't figure that one out.

Definitely sheer conjecture. Seems more likely to me that he didn't connect with the new coaching staff, wavered in his commitment, and Manning moved quickly to replace him.

DM has pretty clearly always liked MW, and once he re-opened his recruitment, DM went straight after him. Not sure Shelton wavering was a factor, but who knows. I hope DM likes MW so much that he wanted him no matter what.

I question the sanity of any player that was dumb enough to commit to play for Jeff [Redacted] after his first couple years here.

Not just commit but actually sign the LOI. If he had any sense at all, he would have committed but said he would sign his LOI in the spring after the season was over ( just to cover his bases in case [Redacted] was fired which we all knew was a very real possibilty). Now he can't play at any other Acc school even though there are several that would love to have him.

Just dumb dumb decision making on his part.

Not just commit but actually sign the LOI. If he had any sense at all, he would have committed but said he would sign his LOI in the spring after the season was over ( just to cover his bases in case [Redacted] was fired which we all knew was a very real possibilty). Now he can't play at any other Acc school even though there are several that would love to have him.

Just dumb dumb decision making on his part.

Especially considering that he signed the same day that Haas changed his mind.

There is no way that we ran off a 4 star. Zero chance. Kid probably committed early and wanted to keep being recruited (I.e. Keep getting love and attention) and the coaching change gave him a reason.

I remember watching a video after he committed to us and he didn't mention Buzz once. He gushed about Battle the whole time however. Once DM let Battle go that was probably all it took for Shelton.

I know we are using a scorched earth policy and maybe it is better, but I always liked Battle. Can someone direct me to the thread that discusses the assistant coach dismissal.

I know we are using a scorched earth policy and maybe it is better, but I always liked Battle. Can someone direct me to the thread that discusses the assistant coach dismissal.

The assistant coaches were dismissed when [name redacted] was dismissed. Manning chose to fill his #1 and #2 seats with his own guys and then decided to hire Childress as the 3rd assistant. I don't think it was ever very likely that Battle would stay.

I am certain battle could have stayed as the third assistant but that would never happen. Manning certainly wasn't going to pass over his guys for the 1/2 slots.

There is no way that we ran off a 4 star. Zero chance. Kid probably committed early and wanted to keep being recruited (I.e. Keep getting love and attention) and the coaching change gave him a reason.

Did you watch Tulsa play any? Shelton was not Danny's type of guard he likes multiple guards that are uptempo. Shelton was not his preferred type of PG and there is nothing wrong with that it's his team. Shelton committed to Wake not to the coaches he knew when he signed his LOI that there was a good chance the coaches might not be there when he enrolled. That''s why he did not initially ask for a release after the coaching change was made. He had his meeting with the new coach and made a decision based off of the discussions from those meetings.

Back