• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

"i'm not telling you what to do, but you could pull off orange corduroy."

You have the power to start and WIN a dance-off.

Hell yeah.

So I'm waiting out the storm at my parents' place, and my grandparents are here too since their town was evacuated. My grandmother is telling me a story about how she went to go and visit her friend who is in a nursing home. When she showed up, they told her the friend was in the cafeteria. She went down to look for her, and said it took a bit to find her since everyone there looked the same with their white hair. So she has since told my grandfather that if the time ever comes where he has to put her in a nursing home, at least dye her hair purple so she'll be easy to find.

I love my grandmother.

Does anyone here dye their hair at home themselves? I have some questions if so.

my wife does, clairol nice and easy 103A i believe. she's a big fan.

i used to, but i haven't dyed my hair in probably 5 years. what are you wanting to know?

Ok, this is my hair:
imageoaj.jpg

This is the color I want it:
http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Paris-Multi-Faceted-Shimmering-Shimmer/dp/B000Q6D08W

Is that the right dye? On the box it says if you have red in your hair it might make it more orange....and I want to avoid looking like the Batman shooter.

Oooh, unfortunately that's not something I'm equipped to answer. I've only ever bought what looked closest to my shade to cover greys and I have dark brown hair. Red can definitely be tricky. Sorry I can't help!

Maybe try going a shade darker? Or just try with that shade, and if it does come out orange it wont be that difficult to darken it up a bit.

Oooh, unfortunately that's not something I'm equipped to answer. I've only ever bought what looked closest to my shade to cover greys and I have dark brown hair. Red can definitely be tricky. Sorry I can't help!

i have hair even darker than ladydeac's, so unfortunately, i'm in the same spot. can't help with color questions about hair as light as yours :(

Yeah, my hair seems to be equally blonde, red, and brown. I guess I could do a test strand or shell out the $$ to have my hair dresser do it.

Do you have a haircut coming up? It may be good to take the dye to your hairdresser and ask for advice. I like Feria a lot as far as brands go. The one time I tried to go dark my hair (which is relatively light) really sucked up the color, and it ended up darker than I intended.

I love that color red, though.

Back