• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smack Off 2013

CheesePritchard

Reaction score
Clones, I have fallen out of touch with Van Smack but just looked and the most anticipated day on the Jungle calendar is next Friday. Who are the favorites? Any big names expected? Thanks in advance.

Brad in Corona. Lock it up.

Zippy chance Chael repeats. That was a disaster last year.

Interesting there are a few jungle fans here. I haven't been able to listen like I used to the past year or so and checked online recently and found that Jay Mohr got his own show. That dude was hilarious when he would call in as the Carl's Jr guy.

Chael was a joke. He wasn't even top 5 last year.

Last year everyone killed Mohr, who i don't believe even showed up. Brad in Corona said if you are going to call your podcast Mohr Stories then you need to have more than two, especially if you are allegedly a celebrity comedian.

Is Mr. Golden Ticket, Mark in Hollywood, showing up this year? He had a good call with awful cell reception last year.

Best that ever came out of Smack-off is JT the Brick! He parlayed that into probably the best show on sports talk!

Sapphire Gin Club - Rome likes to espouse his love of Sapphire Gin and often runs down the short list of his Sapphire Gin club members, Rome's favorite is Sapphire straight-up with a few olives. He also loves Lady GA GA.

Continuing the theme, Rome dubs the American population of soccer fans "Orange Slice Nation." Rome used to talk about how, to his dismay, his eldest son Jake had developed into an above-average youth soccer player, but in August 2006, he relayed the "happy news" that Jake had gotten tired of soccer and had decided to quit playing. On November 19, 2009, he claimed he was finally warming up to soccer (like he had warmed to horse racing and NASCAR), but then gave it a manual buzzer and a Rickroll, reiterating his hatred of soccer.

Rumor that Jason in Fullerton may call now that he is no longer part of the program.

I listened to the pimp in the box for the first time in years, yesterday. Good shit. I'm going to try to catch the end of the Smack Off today - posrep for bringing this up.

Rome running through the field now. His intro is ON POINT. He is seriously a talking thesaurus. He knows how to make the same point 200 different ways.

Dave in St. Louis out of the gate. Looking to go wire to wire. It is not easy to come out first. I liked his Chael smack. MMA- mulleted meathead associated. Fired some shots at Rome with Bombay Sapphire smack.

Back