• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

bkf, do you think Trump will help raise personal responsibility among lower income, poorly educated, rural Americans? I think if his economic efforts (re: infrastructure) have a positive effect, it might help. Many of these areas are too deep in to meth & oxy, though, for me to think there is much hope.

Here's one...post #1358, on this thread.

No....and I don't think that is a president's job, anyway. Taking personal responsibility in one's own life is such a basic requirement to survive in the world today that if it is not taught in the family structure from pre-school all the way thru adulthood, I don't know how in the world anyone could expect the President of the United States to do it for millions of grown adults who have spent their entire lives failing to do so.

No....and I don't think that is a president's job, anyway. Taking personal responsibility in one's own life is such a basic requirement to survive in the world today that if it is not taught in the family structure from pre-school all the way thru adulthood, I don't know how in the world anyone could expect the President of the United States to do it for millions of grown adults who have spent their entire lives failing to do so.

so very true

Ah, to hell with all of this. The only thing I want to know is how much fatter can Trump get? Jeez!

I can understand that. What is the solve here? Huge problem. And it is a growing problem, with horrific consequences. Here is one of many articles on the subject: http://www.wsj.com/articles/heartland-battles-needle-drug-scourge-1434726103

The solve to that specific problem in the article is to end the war on drugs. Offer treatment rather than jail time. It costs less and it is more effective at changing drug behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we think of the magical time when America was last great, we didn't have the prison industrial complex.

The solve to that specific problem in the article is to end the war on drugs. Offer treatment rather than jail time. It costs less and it is more effective at changing drug behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I would love to see us end the war on drugs. Too many people imprisoned for drugs.

Doesn't really address the personal responsibility part, though. We have a population that is forgoing work, education and taking care of a family for meth and oxy. Even if it was legal, how would that help these people make better choices?

'Cause you called me out, bro. Super uncool. BobFaackStan might just be going on ignore if I don't get the apology I'm due.
But you deserve to have been called out. You were inappropriately fishing for info you neither needed nor deserved to be privy to. Have you and your fellow Hillshills ever shared info about anti-Hillary posters behind their backs? Please be honest.

But you deserve to have been called out. You were inappropriately fishing for info you neither needed nor deserved to be privy to. Have you and your fellow Hillshills ever shared info about anti-Hillary posters behind their backs? Please be honest.

Did you even read my post? You're the worst. And me a Hillshill? Lol.

GOING ON IGNORE. PEACE OUT, BOBFAACSTAN

Did you even read my post? You're the worst. And me a Hillshill? Lol.

GOING ON IGNORE. PEACE OUT, BOBFAACSTAN

Yes, I read your post and rssponded to it. It was brief. Why would you assume I hadn't read it? And I know you were a Bernie supporter, but you often ended up being a shameless apologist for Clinton and behaving like the Hillshills on here.

Also, your refusal to answer this is telling:
"Have you and your fellow Hillshills ever shared info about anti-Hillary posters behind their backs? Please be honest." Instead of answering you flip out and put me on ignore. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Back