• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So I Just Booked My Baseball Vacation

Deacon511

Reaction score
Aug 5th fly into Boston catch the Red Sox/Yankees on the 5th and 7th Spend the day in Boston on the 6th.

8th drive to Cooperstown go to the Baseball Hall of Fame

9th drive to New York catch the Yankees/Angels game

10th Spend the day in New York

11th Drive to Baltimore Catch the Orioles/White Sox

12th Drive to Philadelphia catch the Phils/Nats game

13th spend the day in Philedelphia

14th fly home

Lot of driving but my son is a huge baseball fan (Redsox) could be a trip of a lifetime or the most exhausting trip ever or both

So what do you think

Aug 5th fly into Boston catch the Red Sox/Yankees on the 5th and 7th Spend the day in Boston on the 6th.

8th drive to Cooperstown go to the Baseball Hall of Fame

9th drive to New York catch the Yankees/Angels game

10th Spend the day in New York

11th Drive to Baltimore Catch the Orioles/White Sox

12th Drive to Philadelphia catch the Phils/Nats game

13th spend the day in Philedelphia

14th fly home

Lot of driving but my son is a huge baseball fan (Redsox) could be a trip of a lifetime or the most exhausting trip ever or both

So what do you think

Sounds glorious. But, it'll be hot in some of those cities. Think about buying those handheld fans that can spray mist.

Fun! For my father-in-law's 65th birthday my mother-in-law surprised him with a 2 week baseball trip. They actually just got back Sunday and loved it.

They live in NJ and went to Cleveland, Chicago (Cubs), Milwaukee, Chicago (White Sox), then Pittsburgh. I think they also did a Wrigley tour and then did some other stuff along the way like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Falling Water.

I wish I had time off to do something like that, but definitely something fun and unforgettable.

Also love that this is a great present at any age (young son vs. 65 year old dad). We joked about it because his birthday cake was in the shape of a baseball field. Great at any age!

Sounds awesome, but exhausting. Any chance y'all could train from Boston to NY?

Sounds awesome, but exhausting. Any chance y'all could train from Boston to NY?

It sounds like they're going Boston > Cooperstown > NYC. Not exactly an Amtrak route.

As to the OP, your trip sounds very cool. Something to consider - I just checked their schedule and the Lowell Spinners (Red Sox farm team about 35ish miles from city) have a home game on Aug 6, if you wanted to saturate your baseball experience.

Sounds pretty awesome.

My dad and I have been trying to figure out a good time/way to do the same thing. We'll probably wait a few years until he's retired and so that my son's old enough to come along.

That sounds like a blast. I was actually thinking about going to the sox/yanks series that weekend with my dad, but I have to go to a wedding that saturday (laaaame). Enjoy!!

That is a great trip. Make sure to buy something at every stop. I always regrest not doing that after trips.

Crazy thing is the 2 games between the Sox and Yanks (6 tix total) makes up about 25 percent of the money spent on this vacation

Going to games with my dad when I was little are some of times I ever had...shit, going to games with him now are still some of my best memories. You never forget trips like that.

I just wanted to check with you guys. This is a good thread. My husband,son and I will be in Boston on Aug. 5th and plan to go to the Sox/Yankees game. Any suggestions on where to buy seats in Fenway? Also, is Stubhub the best place to buy tickets? Thanks for any advice.

Any other suggestions for Boston?

This is our first trip to Boston.

I just wanted to check with you guys. This is a good thread. My husband,son and I will be in Boston on Aug. 5th and plan to go to the Sox/Yankees game. Any suggestions on where to buy seats in Fenway? Also, is Stubhub the best place to buy tickets? Thanks for any advice.

Any other suggestions for Boston?

This is our first trip to Boston.

Yeah, Stubhub is your best bet. Craigslist as well. Fair warning - there are no bargains to be had for a Yankees game in August, especially if both teams are jockeying for a playoff spot.

If your question about "where to buy seats" is about what seats to buy (not where to buy tickets), I'd check http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

I'd just make sure not to get an obstructed view, some seats have poles directly in front of them.

As for other suggestions for Boston, standard tourest stuff is good - Freedom Trail, that sort of thing that you'll find in any Boston guide.

How long are the drives between these cities?

Boston - NY is in the neighborhood of 4 hours. 3.5 if traffic is kind. If traffic is unkind, it goes UP.

Leave plenty of time when you're driving 95 - that road can be a parking lot sometimes.

Any way you can switch the Baltimore/Philly dates around? Otherwise, that looks awesome!

Before the Phils game go to Reading Trminal (12th&Market) to get some Bassett's ice cream. get a cheesesteak at Jim's on South Street (better than Pat's or Geno's and no ridiculous lines)

Before the Phils game go to Reading Trminal (12th&Market) to get some Bassett's ice cream. get a cheesesteak at Jim's on South Street (better than Pat's or Geno's and no ridiculous lines)

Agree with all of this but when's the last time you were at Jim's, RJ? The line might not be as crazy as Pats or Genos but it seems like lately most days in the summer it's wrapped around the corner at lunchtime.

Back