• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, moving forward...

ArmyDeac

Reaction score
Some thoughts...

-I think Mack and Noel can ride the pine. They're all talk. The D today may have been the only bright spot (aside from the standard tackling issues, and playing way too far off the WR's....but it wouldn't matter if we had Deion Sanders on this team...he'd still play 10-15 yds off the WR).
-We need Martin back. Harris just seems to fall forward immediately after contact instead of fighting through it. While he was obviously trying hard, he seems to do better when complimented by Martin.
-Good lord do we need Camp back. Davis did about as much as he could, but I'd put deacvision7 in before Ragland. I think he'll get better (he can't get much worse), but WR might be our weakest position.
-O-line. Enough said.
-Special Teams. Enough said.
-Price has got to put a little less heat on the ball. He was rifling it in there and our guys just weren't having any of it. He needs to adapt to the WR's; they're obviously not adapting to him.

Mack has played terribly all year, and I thought Lowe did a decent job tonight. Not sure I want to see Okoro in over Noel. Bud really hasn't had the ball thrown his way much this season. Okoro has proven that he just isn't up to being a consistent cover guy. As for our passing game, it really is a mess right now. It blows me away that we didn't try to run the ball more often. It seemed like we were able to get 3-4 yards a rush, yet we probably only ran on consecutive plays 2-3 times today.

I wouldn't get to excited about the defense against this terrible Maryland offense. Okoro had two (one easy) interceptions that he missed. If that was Bud, I would have no doubt he would've picked those.

Okoro had a sure INT today, but instead of going after the ball, he sat back waiting for the ball to drop into his bread basket. In the meantime, he almost allowed the MD WR to come in and make the catch. That had to be one of the most unaggressive plays I have ever seen a DB make. Or not make.

Will we win another game?

Seriously? The way we have played the entire season? Even all of the diehard Deac fans, including me, can't think we will win again this season. We always have hope, but this football season has spiraled into an oblong version of bball. Based on what we actually see it's foolish to project any more wins. Frankly, I think it would be an opportunity to get some real discussion going again if we finish the season winless. It is so hard right now for all of us Grobe loyalists to watch the decline, and listen to all the excuses, but hear NOTHING useful from Coach. For me, he's failing the fanbase because he's so quiet. When the product on the field is so disappointing and the coach is "mum", there's no reason to believe anymore. I'm surprised, but in only 5 yrs we are back to LOWF.

Watch the rest of the ACC. Most of the conference is horrendous. We'll have a few more chances, we'll see if the guys pack it in or fight on.

Criticizing Noel is silly. I haven't noticed anything that would indicate he's dropped down a rung from last season, and I'd argue that most of his failings this season have been a direct function of ineffective scheming, most notably in the Duke game. If used correctly, Noel is still a force to be reckoned with in our secondary... And along with AJ and KJ, that secondary has the potential to be damn good on a game-by-game basis.

Didn't BC lose to Army today?

And? The week after we play Army they get whipped by Big South team Stoneybrook. Then they beat BC. Very crazy football so it is possible and I think we can beat BC & UVa. UVa sucks

Back