• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, what exactly was it that Wellman asked Buzz to do?

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Wellman is on the record saying Buzz has done everything "we" asked him to do. Four years in, what the hell could that possibly have been?

All joking aside, what has Bz accomplished?

It's mind boggling.

I mean, we gotta be fair. He did beat UNC and Duke while they were ranked. Won't matter and looking at it outside a vacuum, it means nothing. But it is something. So put that on your resume, Jeff, and hit the road.

Be able to beat Presbyterian by year 4? Stetson and Wofford by year 6?

Epic lack of historical competitiveness?

If he has accomplished "everything we asked him to do" it makes you wonder why the fuck he wasn't asked to win?

Eat shit wellman, you smug asshole.

I have no idea, but guess who claims to know:

BracesDeaconess said:
Agree with Deman's post.

I still think that Bz did some real good for the program in his recruits, establishing his foundation of proper deportment by the players, and giving this team some good Xs and Os to follow. The GPA of the players is one of the highest it has been in awhile. If Bz is not to lead the team, I feel he is leaving the team in a good place for the next coach to come in and COACH rather than have to start from scratch with a bare cupboard.

I know a number of you have only interacted with Coach Bz by listening to him on radio or TV, or through newspaper quotes. I will be the first to agree he was not Skip Prosser in how he handled the media. But he was much more personable in person, one-on-one, and certainly was a very smart guy. Since I grew up in the Carl Tacy era, I was never used to media darlings as a coach, and have always preferred a coach who was smart.

If Bz is not going to be our coach, I hope we find a new young coach who will energize the program like Clawson has energized the football team/program. In the meantime, I look forward to watching some great basketball in Greensboro Wed - Sun....

Seriously, "deportment"? Who uses that word? I guess our current players' behavior is better than the "hooligans" she claims we once had.

As to the "bare cupboard" comment, I believe it was LK who said when we hired Bz that he would lose a lot of games and leave us with a bunch of mediocre players. Prophetic, unfortunately.

Last edited:
We've been over this - repeat after me:

1.build a great foundation
2. create the right culture
3. historical competitiveness
4.make every decision for the long term benefit of the program

Wellman is on the record saying Buzz has done everything "we" asked him to do. Four years in, what the hell could that possibly have been?

All joking aside, what has Bz accomplished?

It's mind boggling.

Lose a friggin Fortune for the Athletics Dept...

in fairness bzd may have set the most school records of any coach we've ever had; they're just not the kind of records you want to be in the books for.

rkur.jpg

Back