• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So you're saying there's a chance

I'm withholding my laughter at other programs until I see who we hire.

One interesting tidbit from the second article - "VCU athletic director Ed McLaughlin told The Associated Press on Monday night that Smart had promised to let him know if any schools reached out to him, adding that he had not heard from Smart about being contacted. McLaughlin said no schools have sought his permission to speak with Smart."

I'm withholding my laughter at other programs until I see who we hire.

Truth. They will make a better hire with no current AD than Wellman. I am really concerned this next hire is going to be very underwhelming.

One interesting tidbit from the second article - "VCU athletic director Ed McLaughlin told The Associated Press on Monday night that Smart had promised to let him know if any schools reached out to him, adding that he had not heard from Smart about being contacted. McLaughlin said no schools have sought his permission to speak with Smart."

That doesn't mean Shaka's agent isn't working 18-hour days.

In my opinion this is the one thing wellman does well. Remember he waited for clawson to come down from his season before contacting him. Much to complain about with Ron these days as it relates to interacting w fans alumni. And perhaps even his priority list in a hoops coach. But he is not going to get outmaneuverd by a program without an ad. Wellman knows what he is doing regarding contacting and interviewing. Now what he does with that I don't know.

Is buddie our ad in waiting? Because if I'm a young coach, I want to know who I will be reporting to an negotiating my next contract with

That doesn't mean Shaka's agent isn't working 18-hour days.

No idea if it is true, but one of those VCU sites said yesterday that Shaka has no agent. Don't see how that's possible unless he hires lawyers by the hour, but that's what they said.

Back