• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Some Buzz Observations from the Profit SOCAL

socaldeac

Reaction score
Buzz is gone for the simple reason that Wellman has not given him a Vote of Confidence. Period.

The real world hiring practices - Typically when hiring a employee the following must be achieved 1) Does the candidate fit your company culture 2) does the candidate have the technical expertise 3) Does the Candidate have a proven track record.

It is very clear Buzz does not achieve number 1 regardless if he wins or loses. His inability to connect with the University fan base alienates and undermines number 2. Consequently, BUZZ will not be successful at Wake.

I'm a Wellman fan but it is very clear Wellman underestimated 1), and blew the hire, and realizes he must swiftly fire Buzz this week.

It also is clear he realizes how important a good orator is with the hiring of Clawson. Hopefully, Clawson can do 2). Walk the Walk.

Does socal have a brain injury?

Our two most prominent posters from that area of the country are making me wonder how bad the pollution really is out there.

After Wellman's unfortunate bike accident does he still retain the ability to make an informed and rational decision???

still waiting on you citing evidence you're a prophet. as I recall you claimed you called the Clawson pick, but I only started seeing you post about it after he was hired and you dubbed yourself the "profit."

This prophet also called the Wake upset of Syracuse earlier this season.

Gents,

SOCAL is a prophet, above are simply observations the common man may not clearly realize, or the youth of today may not be aware of. For those who have already commented (the retired crowd). Most youth do not comment on message boards at 7:00 AM. remove the word Prophet from the heading, so you can focus on the content.

Buzz is gone for the simple reason that Wellman has not given him a Vote of Confidence. Period.

The real world hiring practices - Typically when hiring a employee the following must be achieved 1) Does the candidate fit your company culture 2) does the candidate have the technical expertise 3) Does the Candidate have a proven track record.

It is very clear Buzz does not achieve number 1 regardless if he wins or loses. His inability to connect with the University fan base alienates and undermines number 2. Consequently, BUZZ will not be successful at Wake.

I'm a Wellman fan but it is very clear Wellman underestimated 1), and blew the hire, and realizes he must swiftly fire Buzz this week.

It also is clear he realizes how important a good orator is with the hiring of Clawson. Hopefully, Clawson can do 2). Walk the Walk.

I'm not sure about #s 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, and 2, but I agree about the vote of confidence part. Given that the fan base is fired up in expectation of a coaching change, Wellman would've moved by now to stifle the speculation about Bz's future if he planned to keep him. Otherwise, he's a bigger moron than anyone previously thought.

I see two only two real options. It's announced Bz is gone (either resignation or dismissal). Or, it's announced that Bz is getting a two-year extension. There is no third option where Bz just completes the final year of his contract. Even if RW sees year five as do-or-die for Bz, he has to give him a two-year extension. To me, that's why it's so obvious Bz is gone. Bz knows this, too, and it's why he said what he did yesterday to the WSJ.

Don't need no Prophet. Going to use the SWAG method...Bz will be gone within the next 10 days...SWAG= "Scientific Wild Ass Guess"

I'm not sure about #s 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, and 2, but I agree about the vote of confidence part. Given that the fan base is fired up in expectation of a coaching change, Wellman would've moved by now to stifle the speculation about Bz's future if he planned to keep him. Otherwise, he's a bigger moron than anyone previously thought.

I see two only two real options. It's announced Bz is gone (either resignation or dismissal). Or, it's announced that Bz is getting a two-year extension. There is no third option where Bz just completes the final year of his contract. Even if RW sees year five as do-or-die for Bz, he has to give him a two-year extension. To me, that's why it's so obvious Bz is gone. Bz knows this, too, and it's why he said what he did yesterday to the WSJ.

Thank you for the intelligent response

Back