• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Special teams are anything, but special

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
The final straw was a blocked put with a 2 man rush. He has to go

They're special, as in short bus special.

Armstrong had good ko returns and Bates with a good punt return.

Wake's special teams are ranked 57. Offense is 99 and defense 18, for comparison.

Yeah least of our problems. Coverage was ok, weaver made kicks, Armstrong was slightly frisky for once, Bates was fine, etc. I dont see the beef

Five or six times it looked like a big return was developing but we always made the last tackle. I didn't think ST did anything wrong (other than the block).

How about last week when the punt was tipped when we punted the ball back to UVA and the onside kick they executed? Every game it has been something different.

After the game yesterday our special teams ranking improved from 57 in the country to 37.

That's a highly volatile ranking.

That's a highly volatile ranking.

Offense went from 99 to 98, defense went from 18 to 19, and overall went from 57 to 56. Is the special teams ranking a lot more volatile than the others typically?

I assume it's a composite ranking which could make it volatile but not a 20 spot jump after 10 games.

Back