• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Speed Limit Enforced by Aircraft...

SkyDivingDeacon

Reaction score
I'm a frequent traveler through VA to DC and I've always wondered if this was bullshit or not.

In the last two years, I've been stopped 3 times in VA and have never once seen the cop (and am almost positive that one had to have been running me down for a few minutes based on how fast I was going and how fast he had to have been going when he finally caught up to me).

I'm calling complete bullshit

My ex's dad is in law enforcement, said its 50/50. Some places its bullshit, but others they take it seriously.

Wow I was driving back from NY this weekend (to PA) and I thought about starting this thread.

Only my question was, what does it even mean? I envision fighter jets just shooting rockets at speeders.

attachment.php

Had to be posted.

My ex's dad is in law enforcement, said its 50/50. Some places its bullshit, but others they take it seriously.

My other doubt is that they would have to fly fairly low if it was ever really cloudy/overcast. Not to mention the fact that it would be a huge waste of money.

I'm going to get stopped on purpose and ask, or just stop by those stupid guard houses on 85 and get an answer

I don't think they do it very often, but they time you based on white lines painted across the highway, so if you don't see those then you're good to go

I was driving in Colorado a few weeks ago, and on this one stretch of highway (between Glenwood Springs and Carbondale) I saw on two occasions a low-flying, small plane, flying directly over the highway. I don't know that it was traffic enforcement, but it definitely looked like it was.

I don't think they do it very often, but they time you based on white lines painted across the highway, so if you don't see those then you're good to go

And then what? Take a pic of your license plate? Or is it rockets?

They radio to the po po on the ground and then you get got. Unless your going more than 20 over, then it's the rockets

Los Alamitos has radars that can time you even if the cop is going the opposite direction you are driving.

i-10 near tallahassee has planes all the time.

They stopped doing it (at least in southeastern VA) about 10 years ago because it was too expensive to justify. Signs stayed up to frighten the non-locals.

i-10 near tallahassee has planes all the time.

Gosh, that has been going on at least since I was in college (I got nailed once driving back up to Tally after Thanksgiving and my parents got nailed once driving home from a football game) - I guess they catch enough people to generate enough revenue to make it economically feasible.

Gosh, that has been going on at least since I was in college (I got nailed once driving back up to Tally after Thanksgiving and my parents got nailed once driving home from a football game) - I guess they catch enough people to generate enough revenue to make it economically feasible.

I never got caught, usually took 19 down the coast but i did hydroplane for a solid half-mile on i-10 one time. Scariest 20-30 seconds of my life

My home county recently bought a drone for law enforcement purposes. I don't know what law enforcement purposes are, but y'know.... we have a drone now.

Back