• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SportsCenter with Michael and Jemele SC6

Bud, does it upset you that I think Bill Simmons was also being stupid when he did the same thing?

Meanwhile Hank Williams Jr, who once compared Obama to Hitler, is working for ESPN tonight. It's not about being stupid.

Did Hank say to boycott ESPN when employed by ESPN? If he did, would that be stupid?

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Because ignoring company standards and getting suspended isn't something a smart person does.

I think a lot of ppl fall into the trap of thinking just because people are making a lot more money than them means they don't have to answer to their boss. That's just not true. Everyone has to answer to the man, whether you're an NFL player or an ESPN anchor. If you ignore or actively go against the desires of your boss, you can expect consequences up to and including getting fired. That's straightforward for us, idk why they think it doesn't apply to people in the NFL or media.

Meanwhile Hank Williams Jr, who once compared Obama to Hitler, is working for ESPN tonight. It's not about being stupid.

Curt Schilling got canned for being stupid. She put herself on thin ice...and then started jumping. Not bright.

Wait, are you people saying there should be consequences for sending out tweets that some people think are out of line ?

Because ignoring company standards and getting suspended isn't something a smart person does.

Well this isn't true at all. She is standing up for a cause that she believes in, and perhaps she values that over the job that she has.

Just because she's getting suspended (which I will say, is totally at the discretion of ESPN) doesn't mean that her point is any less true or wrong.

Not literacy between the lines. And I'm not your bud.

Your first sentence is a textbook example of ungrateful. How do you know how much she gets paid?

Do you think Hill is a good anchor?

She's fine from what I've seen. I typically only watch about 10 min of SVP after MNF nowadays. The format of SC6 is the problem not her.

Yeah, they could put Bryant Gumbel and Jane Pauley on that show and it would tank.

That's the old version of Matt Lauer and Katie Couric for you fucking millennials.

I think ESPN wanted black faces and not the black voices and black ideas behind them.

Agreed. It's surprising to me more people haven't spoken out given what Trump says. And if the tapes from the Apprentice ever come out, Hill will apparently be vindicated for her white supremacy comments. I don't like ESPN, and don't watch her show, but I totally agree with what she has said about Trump and wish more people were doing the same.

Jemele just doesn't know how good she has it thanks to the whiteys at ESPN.

You work at law firm, correct? What would happen if you suggested publicly that people boycott your firm's biggest client?

Agreed. It's surprising to me more people haven't spoken out given what Trump says. And if the tapes from the Apprentice ever come out, Hill will apparently be vindicated for her white supremacy comments. I don't like ESPN, and don't watch her show, but I totally agree with what she has said about Trump and wish more people were doing the same.

Hill doesn't need vindication. We don't need an old tape to prove Trump is a white supremacist.

You work at law firm, correct? What would happen if you suggested publicly that people boycott your firm's biggest client?

So now an associate at a law firm is the same thing as a person paid to comment on sports and sports personalities and sports in society.

So now an associate at a law firm is the same thing as a person paid to comment on sports and sports personalities and sports in society.

Absolutely not. Hill is much more prominent and thus should be even more mindful of her employer's business interests.

She said to boycott ESPN's advertisers. She said to boycott her company's revenue stream. You can't spin this

Back