• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Just walked the dogs here in southeastern NC. Pine limbs snapping in the woods. Maybe 2 inches solid ice on the roads.

Fug. Hang in there. Hoping we don't get that ish up here in Chapel Hill.

took about 35 minutes to get home via the bus which is close to normal. No traffic really and the bus handled the snow pretty well. Only sketchy parts were on the 1st Street hills. Downhill was fine but had to keep momentum on the uphill before getting up to 5 points intersection.

Snowpom, when's the snow supposed to stop tomorrow (for W-S)?

Should definitely be done snowing by happy hour time tomorrow.

Eastern Alamance will almost certainly have some sleet/freezing rain mixing in. Probably up to a quarter inch I would guess? Maybe more. It's really hard to say on ice totals. Everyone will get some sort of precipitation for the next 12-20 hours.

ETA: Also there's a chance that over the next couple hours the snow slows down for a bit. That's not the end of the storm, so when it happens people shouldn't freak out and go driving thinking it's all good to go. There will be some heavy bands of snow overnight.

Should definitely be done snowing by happy hour time tomorrow.

Eastern Alamance will almost certainly have some sleet/freezing rain mixing in. Probably up to a quarter inch I would guess? Maybe more. It's really hard to say on ice totals. Everyone will get some sort of precipitation for the next 12-20 hours.

ETA: Also there's a chance that over the next couple hours the snow slows down for a bit. That's not the end of the storm, so when it happens people shouldn't freak out and go driving thinking it's all good to go. There will be some heavy bands of snow overnight.

Thanks for the report, even though it's not what I want.

Now that the snow hit people are alllll about asking numbers questions again, I see.

took about 35 minutes to get home via the bus which is close to normal. No traffic really and the bus handled the snow pretty well. Only sketchy parts were on the 1st Street hills. Downhill was fine but had to keep momentum on the uphill before getting up to 5 points intersection.

glad I had an easy ride home. hearing that a bus slid into a ditch on Ebert Street

283 accidents in guilford county since noon according to that dwarf lindsay eaton

OH also if you're in DC or Baltimore and you think you'll just go out to dinner and it won't be a big deal because snow "never hits your area" or "it was so nice out yesterday! how can it be bad today?!?!," you should stay home. What happened in Atlanta, Charlotte, Winston, Greensboro, and Raleigh will in fact happen to you. You will be stuck on the interstate too. I know people will be stuck anyway but there's my PSA for those people.

Now that the snow hit people are alllll about asking numbers questions again, I see.

I don't think anyone was serious calling for his ban were they? One person said something then everyone piled on as a joke, or at least that's how I was reading it.

I don't think anyone was serious calling for his ban were they? One person said something then everyone piled on as a joke, or at least that's how I was reading it.

Creamy was being serious and thought everyone else was actually on his side when most were just joking and giving me posrep.

I was giving him a hard time about being so convinced about a subject that has been whiffed on multiple times in the past.

I was giving him a hard time about being so convinced about a subject that has been whiffed on multiple times in the past.

There was no doubt this storm was going to hit us. One look at a map from the weekend would have demonstrated that.

This is one of the biggest snowstorms to hit this area in 15-20 years.

Back