• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread - Wemby for ROY and DPOY?

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Wemby should make his Spurs debut in the Silver and Black scrimmage at 6:00. You can watch in the Official San Antonio Spurs Fan Group on Facebook.

Link to the scrimmage:

You've got to join the Facebook group to see the scrimmage.

Then double waaaaaa

Not on Facebook.

Go spurs go !

There should be some highlights out there. Wemby had a nice step back three. His FT routine looks a lot like Duncan's. He had a sweet post move wrap around pass to Graham for an open three.

Wemby vs. Chet on NBA TV now. All Spurs preseason games will be on TV.

Oct 13 - Spurs vs. Heat 7:30 TNT
Oct 16 - Spurs vs. Rockets 8:00 League Pass
Oct 18 - Spurs vs. Rockets 8:00 League Pass
Oct 20 - Spurs at Warriors 10:00 NBA TV

So far it looks like one big focus is getting Wemby out on the break on missed shots. So far two lobs were too long and got deflected. The third led to an easy dunk.

That could hurt his rebound numbers but could lead to easy baskets.

Last edited:
Pop starting Vassell/Johnson/Sochan/Wemby/Collins tonight vs. the Rockets.

11-0 start. Sochan is running PG.

Wemby got a steal and nutmeged Reggie Bullock in the open court. Insane stuff.

Last edited:

Damn. Pop's task is to come up with three types of lineups: (1) five best players, (2) four players who best complement Wemby, and (3) five guys who can play without Wemby, especially on defense.

Pop raved about Becky in his post-game today. She left the Spurs to get head coach experience and won two championships. She has experience with an MVP caliber player like Wemby will be in the future. No way she's not Pop's replacement when that time comes.

I clearly don't know all the details but I'll admit to being a little concerned with the accusations against her about how she treated some players.

How is that a no-look pass? He literally turned his head and looked right at him before he threw it.

Looked where he wanted it to go, looks to the opposite side of the court, throws cross court pass behind him.

I clearly don't know all the details but I'll admit to being a little concerned with the accusations against her about how she treated some players.

Especially since one of those players is our own Dearica Hamby.

My wife found me passed out pantsless and messy all over. Opening the game with starters vs starters - ish was lots of fun.

Gladd she found me and not the kids.

Collins signs two year extension for 35m. Was previously only signed through this season.

That’s good value. He’s primed for a breakout year and he already works well with Wemby. Bassey and eventually Barlow will be a nice C rotation.

Back