• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread - Victor Wembanyama ROY, runner-up DPOY; Spurs pick #4 and #8

I'm getting excited about the versatility of this team.

Oops
Meant to add the future draft capital and expiring / reasonable and useful vet contracts.

So how many games do you all think the Spurs will win?

I was thinking 36 and #11 in the West. But KG thinks they'll make the playoffs, so I should be more confident. I'll go with 44 wins and a #7 seed.

They had a lot of guys out with injuries for extended periods last year. Tanking also, meant fewer wins than I think they were capable of last year. I have been thinking that making the play in was in play, but, seeing how they held their own against most of the warriors has me trying not to become completely irrational. Not title irrational, that's just silly.

It is so difficult to curb expectations. But that is what happens when you live through the Pop dynasty. I was 13 when they drafted TD. I really dont know any different.

The Spurs were very good before Pop too. 1366-761 (.642) with Pop. 917-741 without Pop (.553).

.553 would be the #3 all-time winningest franchise between the Lakers (.592) and Jazz (.543).

Spurs season win total is 28.5. Is the Spurs cognoscenti liking the over?

As I said above the injuries combined with tanking for wemby had them artificially lower their win total last year.

28.5 is an absurdly low number even in a tough West.

(Probably told this before)

Reminds me of the time I was in Vegas and on the way to a cirque show I walked by the sports book. Deacs were playing fsu in football.

i said to the person at the book I'll take five on wake to win. She said "changing $500." I said, "no... no... five dollars." The look of pure disgust was... palpable. I won 15 bucks!

Only two players with over 5 years of NBA experience.
May be an image of basketball and text

Going to Wilco tonight but going to hopefully watch the recorded game when i get home.

Did I just see Wemby's first nba shot attempt was a heat check???

The first stat a block would be interesting (if it was)

Back