• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread - Victor Wembanyama ROY, runner-up DPOY; Spurs pick #4 and #8

Getting 1st quarter 3-pointers from Sochan and Jones is a nice sign.

Spurs go big with no guards.

Mavs guards Doncic and Tim Hardawsy torching the forwards who are trying to defend them.

I think they trade for a starting PG by the deadline if they're in contention.

I'd rather see Jones at PG but I'd rather sit KJ or Sochan. Collins seems to work well with Wemby.

I've been hesitant to buy into the Vassell as a sleeper all-star pick talk, but I'm starting to feel it. He just looks like that dude.

14 min for Sochan (10/5/1) and 13 min for Jones (7/2/2). Looks like timeshare so far.

Last edited:
Jones closing over Sochan so far.

Then Sochan comes in for him at the 2:05 mark. He helps off Kyrie who hit a three then had the ball stolen by Luka. Near single-handedly gave up 5 points.

8-0 Mavs run after Sochan got in the game.

welp! gonna need someone to go to down the stretch

Jones was doing fine down the stretch.

welp! gonna need someone to go to down the stretch
Or they can play the same offense they were playing the whole game and base it off of who has the best matchup. Keldon just decided to go Leeroy Jenkins the last two minutes and screwed it up

KJ has been the closer for the last two years. Makes sense that he'd want to play that role. That's why I wanted Jones to stay in and keep running the offense.

Tre Jones running PG to end regulation and OT. Led the comeback to tie and the early OT lead.

Sean Elliott is obviously in favor of starting Tre at PG.

Zach Collins…there were some times i thought his effort/body language was poor on defense, but clearly very talented. And only 25.

was that Darius on the bench?

Fun game.

Wembys alley oop was real nice.

Then the defensive series with the 2 blocks.

Exciting and interesting player to watch.

Zach Collins…there were some times i thought his effort/body language was poor on defense, but clearly very talented. And only 25.

was that Darius on the bench?

Fun game.

We’re getting the Zach Collins who was so intriguing at Gonzaga. Glad they locked him up.

Darius replaced Duncan as an assistant coach. Given how Pop’s tree has fared, he may be up for a head job within the next 3-5 years.

Man, I love this kid.

Last edited:
Soooo many options.

After two games, I’d like to see a starting lineup of Jones/Vassell/Sochan/Wemby/Collins. Vassell should be the first option and Wemby should be every other option. So far it looks like Sochan works better as an X-factor defensive wing/switchable big than a PG. KJ would be fantastic as the second unit scorer to end and start quarters and it would be clear that he’s the first option in those lineups.

But this team really needs a veteran PG who can put the ball exactly where Wemby wants it. If they had traded for CP, we’d be talking playoffs. As is, they should at least try to acquire a veteran backup. I don’t see Graham giving them what they need and I have little confidence in Wesley.

I like Wemby as a creator but there are so many available easy baskets from lobs but this team lacks the PG mentality to see them. Long term, I think Cissoko will be very valuable as a passing SF to compliment Wemby.

I do think tre runs the half court better. But i also think that everyone, from Collins to Sochan and the other guards, will improve vastly in learning where he wants the ball.

Yeah. Part of it is none of them have ever played with a guy who catch balls that high. They literally have to throw the ball 6+ inches higher than they ever have before.

Back