• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Both of the thoughts in the second paragraph can be true. Tank to add one more dude to the trio that is a good young core.

Previous good Spurs teams always had at least a few veteran studs (e.g. David Robinson) along with their young stars.
Yeah, i think I’m team tank. Spurs have 2 first round picks right? Evaluation/development year. Manage everyone’s minutes. Get a couple more pieces.

Technically 3 first round picks. Raptors (top 6 protected), Hornets (top 14 protected), and their own pick. But we all know the Hornets pick won't convey.

I agree about evaluation/development and managing minutes. But they should just play it out until they're out of the playoff race. The reasonable best case scenario is Wemby is who we think he is, Sochan, Johnson, and Vassell rise to two tiers below All-Star caliber, Tre Jones is a legit starting PG, and most of the young supporting cast are legit NBA rotation players (Brahnam, Champagnie, Bassey, Barlow, Cissoko). So find out how close they are to that without making any moves for talent and draft well from wherever they end up.

This roster is already young and cheap. I'm not sure they want to get much younger. So they may not use all of the 6 (likely 5) first-rounders in 2024 and 2025 (Hawks unprotected, Bulls top 10 protected, Spurs).

Apparently spurs media day had the players taking about winning now.

Started a new Spurs thread here:

Back