• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

St Thomas

WFU71

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Heading to the Red Hook area (Ritz Club and Secret Harbour) in a couple of weeks. Anyone have restaurant/bar recommendations in that area?

Only flew in and out of St. Thomas for a week-long stay on St. John. My only suggestion is take the ferry to St. John for the day and eat dinner at De' Coal Pot. Oh, and drink the Tropical Mango beer from St. John Brewers. I'm sure it's everywhere.

it is the philadelphia of the caribbean

There is a great breakfast restaraunt on St. John about fifty yards from the ferry dock called Cruz Bay Landing. We had breakfast there four pr five times the last time we were down there. A great day would be to take the ferry over to St. John, rent a jeep, cruz the island stopping to snorkel Cinnaman Bay, Trunk Bay, etc, and then have dinner and mango coladas at the restaraunt right next to the ferry dock (can't remember the name) before heading back over to St. Thomas.

Last edited:
Yeah. Best advice is to leave St. Thomas and go to St. John.

Ritz is decent - food there is ok. Best meal we had was on St. John at the old sugar mill. Forget the name of the place, but it's up on a bluff 10 min or so from waterfront. Beaches on St. John are great - take a snorkel tour. The islands are generally under rated IMO but agree st Thomas kinda sucks.

Only flew in and out of St. Thomas for a week-long stay on St. John. My only suggestion is take the ferry to St. John for the day and eat dinner at De' Coal Pot. Oh, and drink the Tropical Mango beer from St. John Brewers. I'm sure it's everywhere.

St john is awesome but i found de' coal pot a little overrated. Def authentic and our server was an 11 yr daughte rof the owner, which was pretty cute.

so I guess if you spend a day there and have dinner and want authentic island food (which, other than the plantains, isn't that great), go for it.

being in Red Hook already makes it a cinch.

Back