• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stay Classy State Fans

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
The game also marked the first time that referee Karl Hess has worked an N.C. State game in nearly three years. In his last appearance, Hess ejected former Wolfpack stars Tom Gugliotta and Chris Corchiani from their seats behind the scorer's table during a February 2012 game.
He heard plenty of boos each time he blew the whistle, including when he called a technical foul on Gottfried barely 4 minutes in to further irk the home crowd. Some fans threw trash at him as he left the court after Lacey's basket was waved off.

I don't necessarily condemn their angst though. I'd be pissed too.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...cle_ed424584-83f6-11e4-83cf-3f2a33e62f82.html

Hess is a major league douchebag. I wouldn't ever want to see him in Raleigh again. Or the ACC for that matter.

Oh where have the Dick Paparos and Lenny Wirtzes gone?!? Yeah, Hess sucks. Not down with tossing trash on your own court (or anything for that matter), but he's not a sympathetic victim.

Hess is a major league douchebag. I wouldn't ever want to see him in Raleigh again. Or the ACC for that matter.

I want to see Hess in Raleigh as much as possible.

Both sides of this deal acted according to their true natures.

Oh where have the Dick Paparos and Lenny Wirtzes gone?!? Yeah, Hess sucks. Not down with tossing trash on your own court (or anything for that matter), but he's not a sympathetic victim.

Duke's and unc's respective all-time assist leaders.

From what I've heard this is over blown. It was just a few bottles or something. Not like we went and made getting out of there a wade thru bottles

Throwing trash at Karl Hess >>>>>>> Chanting SAT during loss to Iona

4 NCAA Final Four's terrible and at least 2 title games. State fans have to get over it.

All that means is that he knows where the bodies are buried. The old boy referee network is worst than Capitol Hill.

I remember a few years ago, the referees that were working the ACC Tournament were wearing wrist bands or socks that had "KH" written on them after Hess was being punished by the ACC for ejecting Chris Corchiani and Tom Gugliotta from a NC State home game.

Its clear that some of these College Basketball referees really need to get over themselves and realize that nobody is paying to see them.

Or anywhere near a basketball court for that matter. What a joke of a person. It didn't seem possible that anyone could be a worse ref than Paparo and then Hess showed up. How incompetent must the people be who grade officials and allow them to move up?

4 NCAA Final Four's terrible and at least 2 title games. State fans have to get over it.

Not in this case. Hess throwing out Gugliotta and Corchiani (or any fans for that matter) is inexcusable. Hess's ego is way too big. The best refs are the ones that the fans don't even know their names.

So are baseball umpires who are assigned to the World Series infallible as well? Asking for a friend.

Signed,
Don Denkinger

Back