• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

What does Mit think of Forbes? If he's all-in, we are probably getting 2-3 more seasons no matter what.
That would be fucked up tho

1 person's opinion trumps all others?

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong, nor am I saying anything negative about Mit -- my parents have met the guy and said he's a lovely person -- but 1 person, outside of the Athletic Department, shouldn't be able to make, or largely influence, that decision. Period. It just shouldn't be a thing, objectively speaking.

This would get me into my rant about some people having too much money and how the absurd amount of wealth a few individuals have just corrupts everything, but I'm pretty sure that's all self-evident at this point and you either care or you don't care. So moving on.

No depth, no toughness, poor halftime adjustments. Story of the season so far.

It's really just mind-boggling how dominant we are at home versus how utterly and predictably terrible we are in the 2nd half on the road. I've never seen anything like it. With any team.

Forbes gets another year and deservedly so given the state the program was in following the last 2 idiots. However, it has become very clear he has hit his ceiling. Almost all of our road games (except UNC and Duke) were there for the taking. This team lacks the discipline and structure to win on the road. That is 100% on Forbes. The problem has been there with every Forbes team…the talent level is just better this year which makes it even more frustrating.

NCAA or bust next year. No excuses. Forbes should be fired as soon as we are eliminated from consideration.

This team should have finished no worse than 3rd in the ACC and should be an NCAA lock.
Yeah I agree 100% but we always have excuses with this bunch, and drama:

Klintman absolutely was not supposed to leave.

Monsanto never really made it back.

Ituka looked decent in the summer and then got hurt.

Hildreth literally has a hairline fracture or some sort of break to his shooting arm. How is he playing?

Reid missed the first 1/3 of the season.

Marsh regressed somehow.

Our quarterback looked like he did not understand that he would be sacked if he just stood there forever. Oh, wrong sport.

It's just a litany of crap.

Yeah I agree 100% but we always have excuses with this bunch, and drama:

Klintman absolutely was not supposed to leave.

Monsanto never really made it back.

Ituka looked decent in the summer and then got hurt.

Hildreth literally has a hairline fracture or some sort of break to his shooting arm. How is he playing?

Reid missed the first 1/3 of the season.

Marsh regressed somehow.

Our quarterback looked like he did not understand that he would be sacked if he just stood there forever. Oh, wrong sport.

It's just a litany of crap.
Do not forget that our mens golfers drive it 350 yards but still take 4 to get down from 90 yards out.

To be fair, most coaches who come into the ACC have to learn to win on the road, and that takes a few years.
You don’t need to be an X and O’s wizard to win away from home, but you do need to be able to show your players that within themselves they have the heart, courage and brains to be succesful. You could almost write a book or make a movie with that as your theme.

You don’t need to be an X and O’s wizard to win away from home, but you do need to be able to show your players that within themselves they have the heart, courage and brains to be succesful. You could almost write a book or make a movie with that as your theme.
Man, whether or not you did this intentionally, this is just an exceptional post.

That would be fucked up tho

1 person's opinion trumps all others?

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong, nor am I saying anything negative about Mit -- my parents have met the guy and said he's a lovely person -- but 1 person, outside of the Athletic Department, shouldn't be able to make, or largely influence, that decision. Period. It just shouldn't be a thing, objectively speaking.

This would get me into my rant about some people having too much money and how the absurd amount of wealth a few individuals have just corrupts everything, but I'm pretty sure that's all self-evident at this point and you either care or you don't care. So moving on.
$$ talks

This season has me feeling like Forbes is the guy before the guy. Kind of like Mark Jackson before Steve Kerr. Laying the foundation but isn’t the one to push us over the top.
But what foundation? We have almost a whole new roster every year thanks to the portal and NIL. So it's not like if we had a new coach he would be coming into a situation where we are well stocked with talent just waiting for the right coach.

Back