• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stop Pulling Against Our Team

RON DOESN'T CARE WHAT WAKE FANS THINK. Especially what people on this board think. We all just need to come to terms with this. He doesn't care, and he never will.

Fuck off. Us beating Miami probably gave Wellman the capital he needed to retain this dipship.

Gotta take issue with the OP's contention that folks "root against the team" for fear that we don't get good recruits. As the OP states he/she "thinks we need a new coach." - well at what point do you balance the realization that in order to get good recruits we need a new coach - it's a total Catch-22 that Wellman has put the fan base in. Maybe we have different definitions of good recruits but if the ability to coach isn't there to develop the good recruits, what's the point?

I'll agree that I actively root for the deacs every game, but at no point can I disparage anyone who is willing to compromise short-term failure in order to guarantee long-term success, even if I am not at that point yet (but probably should be)... yes, another Catch-22. Sucks, doesn't it? LOWF at it's best - let's pull for the deacs to achieve mediocrity so we can all be civil to each other... fuck that... #civilityout Last issue/question to the OP... let's say they go 0-fer next season (not saying they will, just a hypothetical) - but what evidence, if any, exists that Ron would hire the "right choice"...

I do fucking pull for the deacs, but I swear to god I have this sickening feeling in my stomach when I do these days, because I know with every win, Wellman's erection for Buzz gets that much stronger.

I've not filled out a bracket since #buzzout became our coach.

I used to be obsessed with college basketball. I grew up in NC where ACC basketball is king. The fact that Wake Forest had a solid basketball program definitely played into why I came to undergrad here instead of other small schools.

Now I can rarely bring myself to watch our games because it is too depressing. I prefer to pretend that college basketball season doesn't exist. Fuck [Redacted]/Wellman.

Wait...people are still watching Wake games. Our games aren't even on tv anymore? :confused:

If pulling against our team in the short term means potentially setting up the long term success of our program (or in this case, stopping the imminent bottoming out of our program), then the real fans are the ones that aren't supporting the current regime.

This post led me to do a bizarre piece of research.

The latest in the week a Jeff [Redacted] team has ever played a post-season (conference tournament + NIT + NCAAT) game is Friday at 3 p.m.

Air Force:
0-2 in MWC Tournament (both losses on Thursday)
0-1 in NCAAT (loss came on Thursday)
3-1 in NIT (All games played Monday-Wednesday)

Colorado:
1-3 in Big12 Tournament (2nd round game in '08 played at 3 p.m. on Friday)
No other post-season appearances

Wake Forest:
0-3 in ACC Tournament (All games played on Thursday)

In other words... In 8 years of coaching major college basketball, [Redacted] has never coached a post-season game that would encroach on the weekend (starting Friday at 5 p.m.)

So you're saying we've got a chance!

if this point was so important, why didn't you make it before baseball season?

I still haven't pulled for us to lose. I thought about it before the ACCT vs Maryland after that "insider" thread said that barring a deep run in the tourney he would be fired but once the game started I couldn't help myself. Thank/blame my dad for making sure I don't remember a day I didn't cheer for Wake to win.

I must be insane, I keep watching a [Redacted] coached Wake Forest team and expect it to be successful. :sick::sick::sick:

If Bz is back then Dan needs to pin him down with some preseason expectations. Something we can hold him accountable to at the end of the year.

Bz gave preseason expectations last year. It doesn't matter.

I still haven't pulled for us to lose. I thought about it before the ACCT vs Maryland after that "insider" thread said that barring a deep run in the tourney he would be fired but once the game started I couldn't help myself. Thank/blame my dad for making sure I don't remember a day I didn't cheer for Wake to win.

I'm thinking the BoT swerved when Ron Wellman played them in a game of chicken.

Honestly it is hard to call this 'our' team. The AD could give a fuck about the students or the alumni. This is Wellman's creation and he is comfortable forcing his 1960's view of basketball on everyone just to show how smart he is.

I don't know about you guys but I'm glad that I can independently fill out brackets without Wake clouding my judgement.

Well, you should be used to it by now and by the looks of it, you can enjoy several more years of unencumbered thinking!

What a stupid thread

First I think most people on here do not actively root for Wake to lose. Bzzz has just taken them to such levels of despair that they arent upset when we lose. There is a big difference.

And I dont fault anyone who does cheer for us to lose at this point. They do it because they feel losses in the short term are better for OUR team in the long term

It's not about rooting for us to lose. It's about NOT WATCHING AT ALL AND HOPING WE LOSE. Apathy says more than actively doing jack shit.

Though I still root for us to lose in absentia.

Back