• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Summer trip

ClemmonsWFU

Reaction score
So, my youngest son is off to Chapel Hill next year. Looking to take a trip this summer….just me and him…before he is off to school in the fall. Momma is not going on this one…just one last father-son bonding trip. We like adventure more than sitting at a pretentious resort.

If you were planning this trip with your son (or daughter) and could go anywhere, where would it be? (Inside the US or out is fair game)

Jackson Hole for domestic - hit Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Do the Via Ferrata.

Or go to the Alps and do some even more intense Via Ferratas if you guys are really adventurous (more than me). Maybe the Dolomites.

If you’re skiers, you could also consider a Santiago, Chile/wine country/skiing trip. Portillo is one of the most unique/beautiful resorts in the world on a lake near the Argentinian border looking up at Mt. Aconcagua.

Banff / Lake Louise has always been on my ‘list.’ I have spent some time in Whistler, but never made it over to Banff

Do it. It’s a relatively easy trip to fly to Calgary and make the short drive over.

Pretty sure the drinking age is 18 in Banff is that’s a positive for you and the boy.

Banff, Glacier, Yellowstone.
It will be hard to find places to stay in Glacier and Yellowstone for this coming summer. But otherwise all three of these would be awesome.

We had a fantastic trip to Oregon last summer, hiking in Crater Lake and then on the coast. You could try doing section of the Pacific Rim trail or the Oregon costal trail.

You guys are pushing hard for Banff….must be a reason. Maybe we will look pretty seriously at that
A former boss took his family to Calgary/Banff/Lake Louise one July and said it was a truly memorable trip. His pictures were beautiful and as a result, Banff & Lake Louise are on my bucket list. FYI the Calgary Stampede (rodeo) is July 5-14 this year - another fun experience, but it could impact availability of accommodations.

My buddy is getting married in Banff in July and it’s already pretty booked up.

Before I left for Wake, me, my dad, one of my buddies and his dad did a weekend hike along the AT. Top 10 memory of mine.

Banff / Lake Louise has always been on my ‘list.’ I have spent some time in Whistler, but never made it over to Banff
Pretty much anywhere in the Canadian Rockies. Jasper is awesome, Waterton is awesome. Moraine Lake may be the prettiest place I've ever been.

The ACC Network does this series called "Three Days in __________" where they visit a city with an ACC school in it. They did one for Winston-Salem. You should check it out !!!

Back