• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspension/Arrest Thread (No New News)

EqDeac

Reaction score
East Dorset, VT/ West Palm Beach, FL/ Upperville,
CBSSportsACC ‏@CBSSportsACC
Wake Forest has suspended CB Merrill Noel, S Daniel Mack, LB Mike Olson, G Frank Souza, RB Deandre Martin, & WR Airyn Willis for Sat @ MD

Wake Forest will be severely short-handed Saturday at Maryland after six players — including five key players — were suspended today for one game.

Cornerback Merrill "Bud" Noel, safety Daniel Mack, linebacker Mike Olson, guard Frank Souza, running back Deandre Martin and wide receiver Airyn Willis will not play against the Terps because of what the university termed a violation of team rules. All but Willis and Martin have started regularly this season, and Martin is the Deacons' second-leading rusher with 279 yards on 57 carries.

"I'm disappointed that some of our kids made poor decisions,'' Coach Jim Grobe said Friday in a statement. "These are good kids who just need to learn from their mistakes.''

All six will be able to eligible to be reinstated before the Deacons play their next game at Virginia on Oct. 20. Wake Forest has an open week on Oct. 13.

The Deacons were already without Michael Campanaro, the team's leading receiver, who was sidelined for three to four weeks after breaking his hand last week against Duke.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt i read that dan asked grobe about some guys and he said the rumor was wrong?

On a positive note, it is nice to know that our black and white players party together.

You get suspended! and You get suspended! and You get suspended! and You get suspended! and You get suspended!

That was funny. You get suspended! ( I think you missed one?)

Holy point spread changer Batman. Was it really weed related?

Last edited:
1) We are not Air Force.

2) Weed should be legal. It is a complete societal miss, and if any of you on this board thinks that weed should be treated more harshly than alcohol. I will be happy to educate you to the contrary.

but it isn't, so our players need to follow the rules. let's not turn this into a debate on marijuana legalization. this is about guys letting their team down by breaking literally one of the only rules they have imposed.

Back