• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sutton Sports Performance Center Catches Fire At Wake Forest University

BobHWS

Reaction score
a3176965-ae79-4105-8b64-91cff6975a67_750x422.png

Last edited:
KAs in the 70s were unashamed, public racists and proud of it. Kappa Sigs weren't too far behind.

I feel like this thread title is a bit disingenuous.

To say she didn't know who the KAs were is totally unbelievable. To say she didn't know what she was doing is dishonest. She chose to be with racists, who were celebrating their racist past.

If she had been honest about it, it would be a tougher decision. at the very least, she should be demoted or suspended. She knew what she was doing.

Let's assume all of that is true. What do you think should be the consequence for her?
More than issuing the standard "I got caught for being racist a long time ago" stock email

I don't know what the right answer is but these bullshit apology letters and no real repurcussions are not it

I think she's going to be okay if she steps down. She's been the dean of admissions for a major university for how long? Probably some pretty good consulting money to be made for herself outside of Wake. Always kind of disappointed when comparisons to the Cultural Revolution or Red Fever are made, tbh. This is a pretty far cry from that. Students are asking for her to be removed from a significant position of power, not be blacklisted or murdered.

PoC applicants on the other hand will probably not be okay with attending a university where the dean in charge of their entry was posing with a Confederate flag in the 80s and the university thought a stock apology email was the logical conclusion of that issue.

Lol Bob literally makes a Cultural Revolution arg as I'm writing my post. QED.

I think she's going to be okay if she steps down. She's been the dean of admissions for a major university for how long? Probably some pretty good consulting money to be made for herself outside of Wake. Always kind of disappointed when comparisons to the Cultural Revolution or Red Fever are made, tbh. This is a pretty far cry from that. Students are asking for her to be removed from a significant position of power, not be blacklisted or murdered.

PoC applicants on the other hand will probably not be okay with attending a university where the dean in charge of their entry was posing with a Confederate flag in the 80s and the university thought a stock apology email was the logical conclusion of that issue.

Meh. Any evidence that her actions or decisions as dean have been biased or reflective of racism or prejudice?

Perhaps what is needed is a revolution in people's thinking.

...Teachers were the target of the political campaign. Mao taught us they have to receive a re-education by the workers and peasants.

You're so right. It's perfectly to stand with and celebrate racism. We should give her a cupcake.

KAs in the 70s were unashamed, public racists and proud of it. Kappa Sigs weren't too far behind.

You didn’t need the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th words of this post. You can probably change the tense too.

Also the notion that this being an old photo should somehow matter is pretty silly when the picture celebrates the confederacy 120 years after the Civil War. I don’t know what the right consequence is or should be, but it seems like a worthwhile conversation. All these incidents aren’t really doing a lot to help the stereotype that OWGs are pretty often racists. The fact that the response from OWGs is “so what?” tends to confirm that stereotype.

There are enough talented people in the world that we don’t have to be led by people who participated in overt displays of racism. That’s not even a high standard.

you guys might clown on rj, but he went to wake before this pic was taken and was socially aware enough at the time to know that the confederate flag is some racist bullshit

Back