• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse - Saturday, 12:30 PM on ESPN3, ACCN

Would it make you feel better if I tell you all of the things I like about Wake?

I'll do it anyway.

1. Staff. Good young staff, talented recruiters and Clawson obviously understand offense.
2. Academics. Wake is a prestigious university nationally and recruits kids who care about their education.
3. Wolford. Kid is a talented young slinger who will be a very good four year starter for you guys.
4. Stadium. I had the pleasure of being at the game last year, and although the crowd was small. I love your stadium. It may be small, but it's intimate and still gets loud because the crowd is right on top of the field. Also the weather was beautiful on gameday.
5. Campus. Very nice campus, with that old college feel.

Only response that occurred to me when I saw this:

tumblr_m40yl0L8A01qbk9s5o2_500.jpg

Listen man, I'm just trying to have some fun. If you guys win on Saturday, I'll come back and let you pile it on. Fair?

No seriously, I don't blame you. Unfortunately we don't play Va. Tech this year, so we don't get our one chance to talk smack going into an ACC game this year.

Right. I mean, you have Wake coming off a year where our signature win was a 6-3 pillow fight against VaTech and Syracuse coming off a year where I assume their signature win was over Wake.

Smack talk from either side is more sad/cute than it is anything else.

At least last year gave us this gem:

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

Did Syracuse at least give some free pizza toppings for beating Wake or something?

No seriously, I don't blame you. Unfortunately we don't play Va. Tech this year, so we don't get our one chance to talk smack going into an ACC game this year.

That game was epic, lol. You guys beat the team that beat OSU.

I think you guys are just too young (We might be too). Clawson has been recruiting some great young talent, and you guys should be excited about that. I think both of our teams are a year or two away from a breakout type year. Like I said earlier, I don't expect this game to be a blowout like last year, but I think we cover the spread. It will most likely be low scoring because we are so similar. Strong defense, young offense. Like I said, I hope for a great game with no injuries. If you guys win, I'll come back here and congratulate you all.

Right. I mean, you have Wake coming off a year where our signature win was a 6-3 pillow fight against VaTech and Syracuse coming off a year where I assume their signature win was over Wake.

Smack talk from either side is more sad/cute than it is anything else.

At least last year gave us this gem:

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

Did Syracuse at least give some free pizza toppings for beating Wake or something?

Townie will call me out for grammar or something on this, but that was the best-worst football game I've ever seen. I stopped on the way home to get something to eat after that game and a Hokie fan was right in front of me. No words, we just looked at each other and shock our heads. Only difference was I had a slight smile, he had none.

That game was epic, lol. You guys beat the team that beat OSU.

I think you guys are just too young (We might be too). Clawson has been recruiting some great young talent, and you guys should be excited about that. I think both of our teams are a year or two away from a breakout type year. Like I said earlier, I don't expect this game to be a blowout like last year, but I think we cover the spread. It will most likely be low scoring because we are so similar. Strong defense, young offense. Like I said, I hope for a great game with no injuries. If you guys win, I'll come back here and congratulate you all.

We are defending translative national champs this year by the way, deal with that!

Two shitty teams trying to scratch out six wins and make a bowl in Detroit. That's about it.

Two shitty teams trying to scratch out six wins and make a bowl in Detroit. That's about it.

What conference gets the auto-bid to that bowl game in the Caribbean? I think we should leave the ACC and join that conference.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

So who's going to e-mail Clawson a question tonight regarding the task of facing this reincarnation of the 86' Bears front 7?

Too bad Syracuse's d line is impregnable.

Clawson sharing some of his insight on Cuse.

"Very athletic, he's accurate...very talented" - #WakeForest HC Dave Clawson on #Syracuse QB Eric Dungey

"Very difficult scheme, do a really good job in their base package" - #WakeForest HC Dave Clawson on #Syracuse's Defense.

#WakeForest HC Dave Clawson gives credit to #Syracuse, saying team "has a very complex blitz package" in his opinion

Clawson sharing some of his insight on Cuse.

"Very athletic, he's accurate...very talented" - #WakeForest HC Dave Clawson on #Syracuse QB Eric Dungey

"Very difficult scheme, do a really good job in their base package" - #WakeForest HC Dave Clawson on #Syracuse's Defense.

#WakeForest HC Dave Clawson gives credit to #Syracuse, saying team "has a very complex blitz package" in his opinion

Weird how he's able to comment on their defense without referencing their performance against Rhode Island.

Back