• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tax Time

forensicdeac

Reaction score
In the past I have used one of the online "do-it-yourself" programs, which worked okay for our more simple returns. My wife started a direct sales business and our return is a bit more complicated now.

So I am asking the Pit, what is the best option for finding a tax preparer? Are the big companies decent? CPA? How do I find someone who has experience with direct sales?

BTW I live in Columbia, SC.

Thanks,

Forensic

Seriously - local small firm is the way to go. Largest you would want is Elliott Davis and I doubt you need them.

I'm not in direct sales, but I have started a small business in July. Prior to July I was a 1099 contractor for several companies. I just use a local accountant. He is awesome. Basically just find a local accountant that you trust.

Just ask 4-5 of your professional peers for a recommendation.

Or get a local CPA to do your taxes for a year or two and address all of the issues that you might have getting things set up and then take it over yourself.

Back