• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ten Years since 30-0!

Rolled the quad and then about 40 beers later, streaked the quad. It was incredible being a student that season.
Oh man, you've got this so backwards! The second the clock turned zero, you and I sprinted out of my dorm room in Poteat (where we had the stadium seating set up) and ran two or three ass naked laps around the darkened quad before any quad-rollers emerged from their dorms. Once the students started streaming out, you and I popped our boxers back on and started sliding across the grass in the middle of the quad. It started to get a little bit muddy, and then tons of other students started sliding with us. That's how the great 2006 mudsliding incident began.

the 40 beers may have had something to do with that

also i vaguely remember gary, the shuttle bus driver calling the cops on us?

Oh man, you've got this so backwards! The second the clock turned zero, you and I sprinted out of my dorm room in Poteat (where we had the stadium seating set up) and ran two or three ass naked laps around the darkened quad before any quad-rollers emerged from their dorms. Once the students started streaming out, you and I popped our boxers back on and started sliding across the grass in the middle of the quad. It started to get a little bit muddy, and then tons of other students started sliding with us. That's how the great 2006 mudsliding incident began.

And there we have evidence to support a conclusion that was really never in doubt.

I was also at the game, and it is perhaps the sweetest road victory I've ever experienced, for any of my sports teams.

2006 was a fucking dream. Got to also see road wins at Chapel Hill, Raleigh, College Park, and Jacksonville.

also i vaguely remember gary, the shuttle bus driver calling the cops on us?

LOL, no, that was a completely different day. It was a Sunday, and I have no idea why we were trashed except for COLLEGE.

That was the day we decided with BoulderDeac and maybe one other person that we'd streak-walk the entire campus carrying our beverages. Made it all the way around to the Davis field side of campus (heading to Poteat) when Gary called the cops on us. We all made it safely back into my dorm room, but you had accidentally left your drink outside the suite door. In one of Townie's least-savvy moments, you went back outside to pick it up. The cop was standing right there looking at you, but you leaned over to pick up your drink, nodded hello to the officer, then shut the door in his face. So awesome.

I'll never forget calling my Dad in the middle of the 4th quarter. He asked what I was doing (he knew, because he was watching as well), and I got to nonchalantly say "Nothing. Just watching the Deacs kick the shit out of Florida State. In Tallahassee."

I actually watched the DVD of that game last week. The broadcast was as FSU-centric as I remembered. Musberger and Bob Davie didn't know what to do when Wake started rolling.

I'm pretty sure I watched the game at wake20's apartment in one of the crownes. What a beatdown.

I was also at the game, and it is perhaps the sweetest road victory I've ever experienced, for any of my sports teams.

2006 was a fucking dream. Got to also see road wins at Chapel Hill, Raleigh, College Park, and Jacksonville.
That whole year was amazing. The band got plenty of shit while we walked through the parking lots into the stadium (not sure why we couldn't park at the stadium) but afterward it was a ghost town except for some old people asking us to take Bowden with us back to NC.

Yeah, Brent kept building up Xavier Lee like when they brought him in it would change things and we proceeded to pick him off, lol.

We just had better teams during that 3 year run, I know non-Wake fans had a hard time with that, but we had better football players and better teams. FSU still had great athletes, but we had the better football players and teams.

Better players, teams and coaching.

The game at Maryland was equally gratifying. Those A-holes led by fat Friedgen could NOT believe LOWF was doing what we did to them.

Townie LIES about a major sporting event. Stop me if you've heard that one before.

Best game of an incredible year

Got me banned from the old boards for a long time because I was drunk afterward and came posting a bunch of profanity directed at Corso and Herbstreit and the clowns running that board apparently had a problem with that

Turftoega

Also saw each one home and away 2006 except FSU. Had a feeling after the Vaughan blocked kick against Duke that never escaped me nor many others.

Who was the guy who used to have that index of Wake games that he burned to DVD? That guy still around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better players, teams and coaching.

The game at Maryland was equally gratifying. Those A-holes led by fat Friedgen could NOT believe LOWF was doing what we did to them.

I was talking to my friend Chad about going to Jacksonville the following week. As soon as Belton plunged in on 4th and 1 I yelled "I CAN TASTE IT!!!!"

Back