• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Crowd shots that aren't the box or celebrities as well.

This is interesting - it has never bothered me, but obviously crowd shots seem to annoy some people based on this thread. What would you propose they show between points? Players toweling off, stats, announcers, something else I'm not thinking of?
I'd rather see more replays of the points themselves

I'd rather see the Hawkeye replay/simulation on shots that looked close to the eye instead of having to catch them on the rear wall projection

I'd rather have the full court view of the players resetting for the next point

like gould said, just let things breathe a bit

it's one thing good soccer production does well -- just letting the atmospheric noise fill the moment, no talking

FWIW, ESPN's coverage of the US Open is pretty compelling. Maybe, its just the event and it would be entertaining regardless of the production, but even non-tennis fans are captivated after watching a few points. Also, I don't mind seeing Jimmy Buckets and Tyler Fritz' GF often during a match.

Taylor-Fritz-girlfriend6d144a7e9004452eb086358c.jpg

My biggest complaint is Cliff. He really needs to be retired and thanked for his many years of service.

I'd rather see more replays of the points themselves

I'd rather see the Hawkeye replay/simulation on shots that looked close to the eye instead of having to catch them on the rear wall projection

I'd rather have the full court view of the players resetting for the next point

like gould said, just let things breathe a bit
I like these suggestions, especially the "let it breathe" part. But, I also think a lot of points aren't worth replaying - double faults, mis-hits, etc. I also think a lot of casual tennis fans probably enjoy the crowd shots - especially the celebs. I liked seeing Lil Wayne eating his bag of Nerds yesterday.

I need to see more images of them drying themselves off with towels between every point. Maybe different angles, slow mo replays, etc?

Former world #1 Simona Halep and Wimbledon (2019) and French Open (2018) Champ, banned for four years for doping. At 31, this may end her career.

Gojo is playing in a Davis Cup match against the US tomorrow.

should be a fun final -- not sure if i'll be able to watch any of it live

McEnroe made some dumb comment at the end of the Medvedev semis win that Med must be licking his chops to face Sinner since he's a first-time finalist

so dumb -- Sinner is balling right now, he out Djoked Djok

I pay attention to tennis when the majors are on, but somehow just saw today about Zverev's domestic abuse allegations from two different women from 3-4 years ago. I see the ATP found the first abuse allegations were unsubstantiated, so nothing was done (also no policy on the ATP about it). He is also on the leadership board for the tour too? Is there really nothing there in those allegations to the point where the tour feels comfortable with him being on the board as a visionary/leader for the tour?

I mean he's still got a trial in Berlin coming up from his former partner/mother of his child.

Back