• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Texas RB Recruit, Joshua Wilhite - Stud!

SugarlandDeac

Reaction score
I've been talking about this guy for a while since he plays in my area. I think we have a diamond in the rough. 4.4. speed, vision, and big heart. Looks like he's completely recovered from last year knee surgery and is "getting" comfortable.
Just exploded for 175 yds against a top area team. I liked most seeing that most of his yardage came from running between the tackles (a lost art for our Deac offense recently). Enjoy!

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/fort_bend/sports/another-injury-another-comeback-for-hightower-s-wilhite/article_febf4342-ee22-11e0-a40e-001cc4c002e0.html

Another under the radar underrated recruit we snagged because of an injury? Sounds good.

it has worked out well for us but eventually we are going to get some kids that stay injured all the time.

it has worked out well for us but eventually we are going to get some kids that stay injured all the time.

Ted Stachitas was like this. We thought his arm would come back and it never did. Fortunately, we haven't really needed him.

We seem to like RB's named Josh or Joshua in this case.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...........Wilhite seems very similar to Josh Harris in many ways. Size and speed and good strength (although not quite as strong). Also, recovering from a knee injury and has something to prove to the world.
Wake will be a very good place for him to show what he can do.

Hope he stays healthy and has a great senior year in HS.

Ted Stachitas was like this. We thought his arm would come back and it never did. Fortunately, we haven't really needed him.

Not entirely accurate. Ted did not have shoulder injuries in high school. Those issues happened once he got to Wake.

I'll gladly take a <20% failure rate. Think back over the years from Marion onward how many players we've taken after catastrophic knee injuries. IMO, its worth the risk.

Not entirely accurate. Ted did not have shoulder injuries in high school. Those issues happened once he got to Wake.

Completely inaccurate to be accurate. Ted was not injured in HS

I'll gladly take a <20% failure rate. Think back over the years from Marion onward how many players we've taken after catastrophic knee injuries. IMO, its worth the risk.

Barclay was a Kentucky 100 Meter guy who had a pretty bad ankle as a hs sr.

We began the process of getting track guys and turning them into footballers --Gattis, Ghee, James Adams, Marion and Idlette...we then progressed to getting football players with a nick here and there -- Harris, Givens, Duran Lowe...

Even more than completely inaccurate to be accurate. We needed him against Syracuse and may miss a bowl because of the lead we blew.

Even more than completely inaccurate to be accurate. We needed him against Syracuse and may miss a bowl because of the lead we blew.

Blaming the loss completely on Ted is completely inaccurate to be accurate

If I recall correctly he got pretty banged up his last HS game in the state championship against MNW. Took a beating that day and messed his shoulder up I think. Could be wrong though.

Back