• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Texas School Board: Still really fucking stupid

I'd argue that no matter what you paid high school teachers you'd be hard pressed to find enough who'd be able to teach a halfway worthwhile class on comparative religion.

Exactly.

I'd argue that no matter what you paid high school teachers you'd be hard pressed to find enough who'd be able to teach a halfway worthwhile class on comparative religion.

This is true. With the way technology is going, you could potentially do it with a handful of teachers on THE CLOUD.

For the record, I was joking about the comparative religion classes to make a point that religion doesn't belong in science class.

For the record, I was joking about the comparative religion classes to make a point that religion doesn't belong in science class.

Doesn't seem like a joke to me, I think it's a really good idea. Including religious beliefs in a science class is very misleading. If the tenets of Christianity are going to be taught in school, it should be within the context of world religions.

Right. I just don't actually believe that 99.9% of public schools have the resources, qualified teachers, or political will to actually field a comparative religion course.

Right. I just don't actually believe that 99.9% of public schools have the resources, qualified teachers, or political will to actually field a comparative religion course.

They would have the resources to offer distance learning on the subject, though. It's more of an issue of political will.

They would have the resources to offer distance learning on the subject, though. It's more of an issue of political will.

True. It would be pretty badass to have a class on comparative religions taught by a mix of teachers actually from different religions and different countries that practice those religions in different ways.

Is creationism falsifiable? No. Keep it out of textbooks, that simple. It's not science.

True. It would be pretty badass to have a class on comparative religions taught by a mix of teachers actually from different religions and different countries that practice those religions in different ways.

I would take that course.

AKA: Brainwashing and indoctrination.

Yeah, totally. Can't wait to see what kind of standardized e-learning program the school boards would trot out on world religions.

I had a class in high school that was two periods and counted as both history and literature. We would focus on one area of the world at a time, learn the history, culture, religion, and read a book from the region. I remember that course better than any others from high school, it was an interesting way to learn about different areas.

It wasn’t required or anything, though, I could have just taken normal history and English courses.

I had a class in high school that was two periods and counted as both history and literature. We would focus on one area of the world at a time, learn the history, culture, religion, and read a book from the region. I remember that course better than any others from high school, it was an interesting way to learn about different areas.

It wasn’t required or anything, though, I could have just taken normal history and English courses.

Private school?

TX Comparative Religions Class :

Muslims -godless killing barbarians that want to bring Sharia Law to the US

Buddhists -Look for the fat boy in restaurants-they believe you will become a cow not go to heaven after you die

Jews- They killed Jesus and are reading your e-mails.

Catholics- fags who like to wear dresses

Fixed make it consistent with the NSA thread

Back