• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thailand- Koh Sumui and Chiang Mai

Stan Gable

Reaction score
Any recs on where to stay? Have a month long business trip in Asia and taking the girlfriend for 10 days on the back end. Have activities pretty much planned out but need hotel. Staying at St Regis in Bangkok in between stops.

Thanks

556205579-ko-fa-ngan-bald-head-monk-buddhist.jpg

We ate at a great restaurant called David's Kitchen in Chiang Mai. Stayed at the Anantara Resort which was really nice - got a huge suite overlooking the river and it wasn't too pricey. We hit up the Patara Elephant farm while we were there, also did a cooking class at "a lot of thai" which was fun. Thailand is so damn awesome.

You should just go on whatever Thai Ladyboy Sex Tour your girlfriend wants to go on. No reason to argue. I would imagine they're all pretty much the same.

Chiang Mai is my jam. The best place I visited in Thailand and Cambodia last summer. A part of me wants to move there and work at an International School after I finish my masters this summer. I was looking at jobs there today.

I stayed at a nicer (very quiet and clean) hostel, in a mixed dorm for three nights. It was like $12/day for the 8 bed dorm, but they also do private rooms for around $30/day I believe. Its in a great location, just north of the old city, and a mile or so removed from the ladyboy/prostitute/crazy bars zone. That being said, most of the city is within a 30-40 min walk or a 5-10 min tuk-tuk ride.

The owner is a fucking awesome 35ish independent Thai woman, who speaks great English, and has connections to all the local day and overnight trips (elephants, adventure course, hikes, mountain biking, etc). She will also give you honest advice about which trips, restaurants, bars, etc are worth it or not. I was bummed because I had leave the morning before she takes all of her guests to a weekly Thai boxing match. If you choose to stay there say hello to my girl Potae!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293917-d7710367-Reviews-Potae_s_House-Chiang_Mai.html

Hostels in Thailand? I mean unless your an 18 year old with absolutely no money, there is no reason to stay in one (especially in Bangkok and Chang Mai). Pure filth. Hotels are insanely inexpensive on the mainland. Islands can be very pricey. Stay at the Four Seasons in Chang Mai. There is a great restaurant atop the Banyan Tree Hotel called Vertigo. Little pricey but I believe it's the highest point in city or close to it. Stay at Metropolitan Hotel, it's a como resort, Banyan Tree, St Regis, 4 Seasons, or for all out, Mandarin Oriental. There is a great tailor there that can make you custom suits. Hit up the Buddha Temples, the ping pong shows in Patpong and Soi Cowboy. There is a floating market where you hop boat to boat. It's interesting but the river is a cesspool. Get ready for constant haggling and hookers are everywhere. I mean everywhere. Soapy massages are the bomb!

Have you chosen those places because you can fly? Otherwise with just 10 days and some being spent in Bangkok I might just go north or south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back