• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game might as well have been in mile high. I've heard experts say 60% but the sf crowd was on the bronco/Peyton wagon. Was more like 75 to 80% for Denver.

A colleague just told me unsolicited that he thought the officials were "on the take" from the beginning.

Is there a politfact type site for the review of refereeing in big games? I know Kevin Seifert will write columns sometimes but those tend to focus on one or two calls.

Is there a politfact type site for the review of refereeing in big games? I know Kevin Seifert will write columns sometimes but those tend to focus on one or two calls.

If some officials got together and did a PFF type site of officials that would be awesome. But it will never happen. Only cops snitch less than officials.

My colleague brought up he thought there was roughing or at least running into Nortman on the 61 yard punt return but they never showed it.

Words cannot describe how bummed (and hungover) I am today, but man I enjoyed the ride this year. This team was just a blast to watch week in and week out. Sundays are going to be pretty horrible without these guys. Can't wait for next season.

We can all agree that CBS coverage was terrible, right? I mean who wants a replay or presnap footage when you can see tight shots of Wade Phillips' face?

I liked the snap count graphic.

Felt like Shula called a pretty poor game. Expected more from him with 2 weeks to prepare.

Feel like more credit ought to be given to Wade Phillips for drawing up an excellent game plan seeing how he also had two weeks to draw it up and exploit all the Panther weaknesses. This is the guy who shut down Tom Brady and the Patriots not once but twice this year. This is the same guy who shut down Big Ben and the Steelers in the playoffs. They beat the Vikings, they crushed the Packers. This team was totally overlooked by the Panthers and Panther Nation when actually Denver had played much stiffer competition than Carolina had played all year.

31419e899358422f2c473876999bde7d.jpg

Feel like more credit ought to be given to Wade Phillips for drawing up an excellent game plan seeing how he also had two weeks to draw it up and exploit all the Panther weaknesses. This is the guy who shut down Tom Brady and the Patriots not once but twice this year. This is the same guy who shut down Big Ben and the Steelers in the playoffs. They beat the Vikings, they crushed the Packers. This team was totally overlooked by the Panthers and Panther Nation when actually Denver had played much stiffer competition than Carolina had played all year.

He is also still Wade Phillips.

alg-tony-romo-jpg.jpg

The media is collectively the most entitled bunch of asshats on this planet, so walking away from them is a bigger deal to them and we get to hear about it. Yay!

Bum's kid Wade called a good game, but how Panthers' fans gonna talk all playoffs about their #1 offense and then throw Shula under the bus like that?

It's more of a compliment to Phillips than a slight against Shula. Barnwell made the argument earlier this year and I'd agree with him that Wade is the DC GOAT. Give him this amount of talent and you see the results

He is also still Wade Phillips.

alg-tony-romo-jpg.jpg

A HOF DC and an average (not a bad one, his winning % is well over 50 in spite of the stinker in 2010) head coach. He's in his best role right now.

Still, we could've overcome him and that D if we didn't barf all over ourselves

CLT is so depressing today. It is like all of Uptown is walking around in a daze of wtf just happened. Even in the office the phones aren't ringing, nobody is talking, it is like some sort of post-apocalyptic movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back