• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Arrogance of an AD

Jroc25

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this "Outside The Lines" episode from 3 years ago? Our esteemed AD was on it talking about how he doesn't use search firms to find head coach prospects. This mix of stubbornness and arrogance is how coaches like Jeff B. get hired. Can anyone find the video? This link only gives a few quotes.

http://sportsmedianews.com/weekly-features-across-espn-platforms-18/

Hatch is a moron if he doesn't insist on a search firm next go round.

Does anyone remember this "Outside The Lines" episode from 3 years ago? Our esteemed AD was on it talking about how he doesn't use search firms to find head coach prospects. This mix of stubbornness and arrogance is how coaches like Jeff B. get hired. Can anyone find the video? This link only gives a few quotes.

http://sportsmedianews.com/weekly-features-across-espn-platforms-18/

Can you imagine Buzz as the preferred selection of a search firm, or a search committee?

I can't imagine why you'd need a search firm. You know who the top coaches, top up and comers are. You know who'd you'd like. you have your own people to do background checks and arms length people to approach agents, etc.

I can't imagine why you'd need a search firm. You know who the top coaches, top up and comers are. You know who'd you'd like. you have your own people to do background checks and arms length people to approach agents, etc.

I agree. Using search firms smacks of either laziness or an unwillingness to accept responsibility. However, using a local search committee seems to be reasonable and safe. Not sure why an AD would make hiring decisions unilaterally.

Can you imagine Buzz as the preferred selection of a search firm, or a search committee?

There is no way in hell it would EVER happen...

Perhaps to keep your school from ending up with a crony hire like Buzz?

If you have confidence and faith in your AD you don't need one. I don't think a third set of eyes, aside from the AD and the University search committee, is a bad idea. They have the resources to do the digging.

Search firms make sense if you are at a public institution.

Hope we use a search firm to find a new athletic director...

Back