• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Best Feel-Good Song from the Early 80s

Best Feel-Good Song of the Early 80s

• You Can't Get What You Want

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Candy Apple Red

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Hot Rod Hearts

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Somebody's Baby

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RicoSuave

Reaction score
This is a very specific category, I know, but there were a handful of amazing feel-good songs from that era:

Joe Jackson - You Can't Get What You Want

Robbie Dupree - Hot Rod Hearts

Robbin Thompson - Candy Apple Red

Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby

Last edited:
One song that I barely remember that's probably about 30th on the list of best Joe Jackson songs from his first several albums.

One song that I had repressed that isn't even good enough to show up yacht rock compilations.

One song I've never heard.

And one song that reminds me of Jennifer Jason Leigh getting boned by Damone.

Jackson Browne easily wins a pretty weak bracket.

Dude, how could you have repressed something as catchy as Hot Rod Hearts? And BTW, it was good enough to be performed at last month's Yacht Rock Revival at Atlanta Piedmont Park (yeah, Robbie looked older than dirt but he nailed that song).

One song that I barely remember that's probably about 30th on the list of best Joe Jackson songs from his first several albums.

One song that I had repressed that isn't even good enough to show up yacht rock compilations.

My sentiments exactly. :golfclap:

Steal Away was the one I remember by Robbie Dupree, and that's the one that's on MY yacht rock compilation.

Hot Rod Hearts. though technically an 80s song, still has the feel of a 70s song to me. The Zeitgeist is pure 70s.

I'm not really crazy about feel good songs. But if I had to pick one from the 80s, it would either be "Walking on Sunshine" or if you include the video "They Don't Know About Us." And let's face it, if you asked the general population they'd prolly start a civil war over Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Now that i think about it, it was the stereo salesman in the dugout.

but yeah

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

I want Candy - Bow Wow Wow

Early 80s feel good song? How about I'm Alright by Kenny Loggins.

I would pick ahead of any of boogie's songs. 3 really aren't that good, and the Jackson Browne song I wouldn't really consider "feel good".

Last edited:

lol this is all I think every fucking time i hear that song

As I often do, I started singing this song this morning and realized it is the correct answer to this question.

Then there was this bit of cheese that I loved when I was like 11 years old. Now, not so much...

Last edited:
Back