• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Force Awakens

Moonz wife is used to nonsense fillers.

OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

No great reveal though.

In the theater room at the gym this morning, I noticed they were showing Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith and watched like 20 seconds of it from the doorway. It's laughable how that movie looks by comparison to this trailer. Everything in the prequels just looked so fake -- all the droids and robots and space ships. For example:

200_s.gif

In the theater room at the gym this morning, I noticed they were showing Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith and watched like 20 seconds of it from the doorway. It's laughable how that movie looks by comparison to this trailer. Everything in the prequels just looked so fake -- all the droids and robots and space ships. For example:

200_s.gif

YAY FOR CGI EVERYTHING!!!!!!:plos:

The narration in the latest trailer has been a topic of debate — the lines spoken by Luke Skywalker are taken from a speech he gives to Leia in Return of the Jedi, but it was difficult to tell if the dialogue was lifted directly, or a new narration from The Force Awakens.

Speaking at Celebration over the weekend, Mark Hamill and JJ Abrams confirmed that the narration was actually a bit of both — Hamill recorded the lines again the week before the trailer was released, and the new recording was added to the original as reverb. This means it was likely that the dialogue was just for the purpose of the trailer, rather than having any specific part in the new movie.

http://io9.com/the-truth-behind-that-familiar-narration-in-the-force-a-1699344875

200_s.gif

The reviews of the prequels by Red Letter Media are some of the funniest things I've seen on the internet, and they really do a great job deconstructing and eviscerating each one nearly point-by-point. Start with the Episode I videos and go from there: http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

yeah, i think the high point is when he asks people to describe the characters

200_s.gif

But... LAVA PLANET.

The prequels looked outdated a year or two after their release.

It's why I was excited when JJ Abrams was picked to direct. If nothing else, the movie will "look" (and seemingly confirmed by trailers) like Star Wars because he prefers actual sets.

My 3 and 6 year olds love the prequels, that is about the only good thing I can say about them. The teaser trailer for Rogue One looks good, and I am more excited than I probably should be for Rebels Season 2.

It's why I was excited when JJ Abrams was picked to direct. If nothing else, the movie will "look" (and seemingly confirmed by trailers) like Star Wars because he prefers actual sets.

Because lens flares

Back