• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The madness continues, now at a school in northern California

selling? selling? FUCK YOU school and fuck you to any American citizen still intransigent on gun regulation

If you think about it, students aren't wearing their backpacks for most of the time while they're in school. So if you really want to get them some real protection from bullets, we should be outfitting them in Kevlar. It could also have 2 side benefits. First, it could prevent other playground injuries. Second, it would make students hotter on hot days in schools that don't have air conditioning. Because we have a lot of obese kids, it could help them lose some weight.

just so fucking gross to make money off the fears of parents with pointedly worthless "body armor" for their children. as in - if you really love your kid, you'd buy this

this is the society we want for ourselves and our kids? where we buy armor for children and vote for a fucking pedophile because of Party loyalty

The gunman behind a rampage in Northern California was out on bail for a charge of stabbing a neighbor, had been the object of complaints from neighbors who said he had been firing off hundreds of rounds of ammunition, and had been the subject of a domestic violence call the day before the attack.

Yet Kevin Neal was free and able to use a semiautomatic rifle and two handguns Tuesday to shoot 14 people, killing four, in seven different locations across his rural community, including an elementary school, before he died in a shootout with police.

The gunman’s sister, Sheridan Orr, said her brother had struggled with mental illness throughout his life and at times had a violent temper.

She said Neal had “no business” owning firearms.

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said the shooter was facing charges of assaulting one of the feuding neighbors in January and that she had a restraining order against him.

Link

just so fucking gross to make money off the fears of parents with pointedly worthless "body armor" for their children. as in - if you really love your kid, you'd buy this

this is the society we want for ourselves and our kids? where we buy armor for children and vote for a fucking pedophile because of Party loyalty

I'd like to hear YOUR solution to this impossible to fix problem.

I'd like to hear YOUR solution to this impossible to fix problem.

my School Aged Body Armor Voucher Program Bill (SABAVP) provides parents with the ability to make a choice that fits their needs. A true marketplace solution to our firearm protection issue.

Yes. That's the lesson we are supposed to learn from the 2016 election.

oh right, i forgot. Dems ran Hillary so now we live in the Apocalypse Universe version of our timeline

oh right, i forgot. Dems ran Hillary so now we live in the Apocalypse Universe version of our timeline

[milominderbinderdeac] Yes, this is why you need to buy your kids that new Kevlar child protection body armor. If you really love them, that is. [\milominderbinderdeac]

i'm thinking a weird CGI'd lou rawls or wilford brimley for spokesperson - think retro-Michael Douglas in Ant Man

i'm thinking a weird CGI'd lou rawls or wilford brimley for spokesperson - think retro-Michael Douglas in Ant Man

No, man. Go full Jon Voight on them as a Milo reprise. Voight is a Pub anyway, so he'd probably love the opportunity.

severe limits on gun ownership coupled with an extensive buyback that enjoyed widespread cooperation from gun owners would make some difference, little else will

neither, much less both, of these is/are practical with or without an NRA, just not in the cards politically

this is where we are in 2017

severe limits on gun ownership coupled with an extensive buyback that enjoyed widespread cooperation from gun owners would make some difference, little else will

neither, much less both, of these is/are practical with or without an NRA, just not in the cards politically

this is where we are in 2017

That's where we are in 2017 because we didn't do anything in 2012 after Sandy Hook or in 2007 after Va Tech or in 1999 after Columbine.

UPDATE: California shooter wasn't allowed to have guns

A judge had barred the Northern California man who went on a deadly shooting rampage from having guns after he was charged with stabbing a woman earlier this year.

Court records also show that Kevin Neal was charged with illegally firing a weapon and possessing an illegal assault rifle on Jan. 31. The 44-year-old was charged with five felonies and two misdemeanors.

The court records show a judge ordering Neal to stay away from the woman who was stabbed and her mother-in-law on Feb. 28. As part of that protective order, Neal was barred from having guns.

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said Wednesday that police went to Neal's home several times for reports that he was shooting guns, but they never saw him with the weapons.

He says Neal had two homemade semi-automatic weapons and two handguns registered in someone else's name.

That's where we are in 2017 because we didn't do anything in 2012 after Sandy Hook or in 2007 after Va Tech or in 1999 after Columbine.

C'mon. The dead folks at VT were all college students, plus a prof or 2. We're not going to do anything about gun laws for that. What really tells you we won't do anything was Sandy Hook and the 2-3 Islamic terrorist events with guns (San Bernardino, Orlando and the bald shrink near Waco). How about when they kill innocent elementary school kids? Nah. How about when Islamic terrorists shoot a bunch of folks? Nah. Our hatred of gun laws is greater than our fear of Islamic terrorists. It's like 1 of my favorite quotes from Lone Star - It's always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by a deeper prejudice.

Can't be done?

Why not?

Back