• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

THE MAJORITY OF ALUMS WANT A NEW COACH

JimDuncan

Reaction score
I hate that certain media outlets have brandished (sp?) this as a minority faction...it is not. Virtually everyone I know from '97-'03 alums is in agreement that we need to move on and right the ship. If you're Buzz-In, I understand - you are entitled. But I think you are a minority.

Even calling it a majority seems to be playing it down IMO. We're talking like 90% here

I concur that no one I know from my time at Wake still wants Bz as our coach.

The students, even apathetic ones, seem to agree he should go. But they won't do shit about it.

I concur that no one I know from my time at Wake still wants Bz as our coach.

I surprisingly know 2 2011 alums who think he deserves more time. I considered them to be very knowledgable about basketball. I've since reevaluated my opinion.

If this board is being monitored, then I felt I should bump this

I do not know a single Wake alum who supports Bz. They are either frustrated, aggravated or apathetic. Sad, really.

Fuck him. Whether he and his family are afraid or not, no one here has threatened him.

There is one easy way to feel safe immediately though. He can do what everyone but him and Wellman want, and resign immediately. He's taken enough money from MSD - without actually ever doing what he was being paid to do.

Class of 94 here and nobody I know from school is a fan of Buzz. There is either anger or apathy, but there is ZERO enthusiasm about a future with Buzz at the helm.

I'd guess about 90-95% of fans want [Redacted] gone. Unfortunately, that 5-10% swings a big stick. #EndTheNightmare

Was at the ACC Tourney all weekend...didn't talk to a single Deacon who supports Buzz and talked to some relatively influential folks. I know of one person that is Bz-in and one that is Bz-wait....

I hate that certain media outlets have brandished (sp?) this as a minority faction...it is not. Virtually everyone I know from '97-'03 alums is in agreement that we need to move on and right the ship. If you're Buzz-In, I understand - you are entitled. But I think you are a minority.

i'm legitimately not trying to be a jerk, but "virtually everyone i know..." made me lol. everyone hates losing, everyone hates losing coaches, and everyone on this board would like a say in the matter. let's all just keep our fingers crossed that the #bzzout movement prevails, but even if we polled LITERALLY EVERY alum it wouldn't really matter. sadly it is not in our hands.

This is a good thread to keep going given how the buzz out movement has been painted.

I'm class of '05 who regularly keeps up with people from '02 to '07. I've spoken to roughly 30+ wake grads in the past year about the state of wake hoops. Not 1 person thinks [Redacted] is right for wake and all have wanted him gone for various amounts of time.

Just got a donation thing in the mail today. Can't wait to send it back with my thoughts on what's going on sans the usual donation.

Back