• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

Certainly was the least exciting Masters in a long time. And I'm no Bubba fan, but he was the best player by far from tee to green this week. He just had some woeful putting on Saturday. But he was much better in distance control yesterday on the greens. And that drive on 13 was just sick. I've never seen a golfer hit his 2nd on 13 where he was hitting from. All of that said, his 2nd on 15 was 1 of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Pulled it off, but that was plain stupid - something you'd expect from Phil circa 2000.

Certainly was the least exciting Masters in a long time. And I'm no Bubba fan, but he was the best player by far from tee to green this week. He just had some woeful putting on Saturday. But he was much better in distance control yesterday on the greens. And that drive on 13 was just sick. I've never seen a golfer hit his 2nd on 13 where he was hitting from. All of that said, his 2nd on 15 was 1 of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Pulled it off, but that was plain stupid - something you'd expect from Phil circa 2000.

Feherty (or was it Faldo?) said "He's lost his marbles."

I was there in '49 when they awarded the first Green Jacket (my idea by the way), and I was there this year, like every year before, for Bubba's amazing run.

Unfortunately, I was standing right behind Bubba, so you can't make me out clearly, but I was there.

Bubba-Watson-Masters-2.jpg

I even have the ball which Bubba holed on his final putt!!

I was there in '49 when they awarded the first Green Jacket (my idea by the way), and I was there this year, like every year before, for Bubba's amazing run.

Unfortunately, I was standing right behind Bubba, so you can't make me out clearly, but I was there.

Bubba-Watson-Masters-2.jpg

I even have the ball which Bubba holed on his final putt!!

^^^

If real, cool. If not real, weirdest parody post ever.

I could hear every ovary in America scream out at once when that lil toddler stumbled out on to the 18th green.

I saw where Bubba had his celebratory meal at WAFFLE HOUSE after the Masters. Not sure if Augusta or Aiken doe.

I watched him two days. He kills it on 2, 5, 9, 10 and 13 where his cut shot gives him and advantage. His only tough tee shots are 11 and 18. Big hitting lefties are going to win Masters more often than not. A lot of it has to do with the new technology. It's easier to cut it long than draw it.

Sure technology has a bit to do with it. But so does the Tiger-proofing of the course

at least it wasn't a Van de Velde. just turrible decision making.

Others agree. http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central/tiger-effect-masters-sunday-has-worst-rating-04/

Back