• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The most exciting part of being a Wake Bball fan in 2016 is....

suck my deac

Reaction score
Waiting for someone to get fired, transfer, or get kicked off the team. Sadly, I'm only half kidding.

But seriously, what's exciting to you about being a Wake bball fan these days? I'm genuinely curious. The most exciting moments seem to be the latest flares in the dumpster fire as opposed to any real successes on the court or for the program overall.

This time of year seems to magnify the epic fall of our program. Six years ago, I don't think I could have been more passionate or proud of our bball team. Now I seem to follow more to watch the trainwreck than anything else.

After another miserable, wasted season, somebody give me a reason to be excited about Wake bball again

Last edited:
Watching Will Craig is pretty cool.....oh do you mean basketball, forgot we had a program. Of course I think Wellman has too.

Waiting for someone to get fired, transfer, or get kicked off the team. Sadly, I'm only half kidding.

But seriously, what's exciting to you about being a Wake bball fan these days? I'm genuinely curious. The most exciting moments seem to be the latest flares in the dumpster fire as opposed to any real successes on the court or for the program overall.

This time of year seems to magnify the epic fall of our program. Six years ago, I don't think I could have been more passionate or proud of our bball team. Now I seem to follow more to watch the trainwreck than anything else.

After another miserable, wasted season, somebody give me a reason to be excited about Wake bball again

Tim Duncan played here....really all I got.

Calling the Deacon Club to see if my donation cannot in anyway go towards Well man's compensation.

The ads during the ACCT, the billboard, and the Margaret Johnson interview with [Redacted] were the hilights of the last 6 years.

The excitement when we can win a game and you're left wondering how we'll manage to blow this one too. Always keeps me on my toes. So many ways to lose games that I've never thought of!

I don't understand why people keep bringing this up like it is a bad thing. Doesn't his son play for Kansas?

It's not a bad thing at all and completely understandable and appropriate. It's just a little off-putting as a Wake fan to see Manning appear to put more energy and emotion into KU games than he put in on the sidelines at Wake.

It's not a bad thing at all and completely understandable and appropriate. It's just a little off-putting as a Wake fan to see Manning appear to put more energy and emotion into KU games than he put in on the sidelines at Wake.

This. So much this.

I didn't watch a single game this year for Wake. I missed the ACC Tourney game because I thought it started at a different time. Watched the full ACC Championship game as well as parts of the Semis and the 4OT UConn game. Maximum of 10 minutes spent watching the Deacs this year, down from about 2-3 games last year (BBall).

It sucks, but that's the way it is. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy watching Wake basketball again soon.

Worst part is, I don't even feel bad about it.

The fact that youtube exists. Imagine if the glory years could only be relived in our minds

Back