• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

It sucks that a 3-1 Oakland lead with darvish on the mound seems insurmountable. But the Rangers cant score for Darvish. I dont get it

Chooch! 7-0 Phils lead Doggers. Even their pen should be able to hold onto this.
Lee was Lee. Such a boss.

Last edited:
kimbrel sucks now, how is that possible

Hasn't been near the same since he sat with shoulder soreness. Mile or two off his fastball and more importantly his pinpoint location is gone. Could it be the Braves have exhausted another great arm? I know they have tried to back off him since he was in nearly every game in 2011 but he has still appeared in around 65-70 games. I have always thought they use him too much. It seems he comes in if it is a three run or less game no matter what the situation.

Hasn't been near the same since he sat with shoulder soreness. Mile or two off his fastball and more importantly his pinpoint location is gone. Could it be the Braves have exhausted another great arm? I know they have tried to back off him since he was in nearly every game in 2011 but he has still appeared in around 65-70 games. I have always thought they use him too much. It seems he comes in if it is a three run or less game no matter what the situation.

since he sat with shoulder soreness a week ago? So he hasn't been near the same in his 2 or 3 appearances since then?

#smallsamplesizedeac

Also, his fastball velocity isn't really down compared to past years. He always starts off a little low and then builds velocity as the season goes on

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfxo.aspx?playerid=6655&position=P&pitch=FA

You are right...just looked it up and his velocity isn't really down. I was going off what the Braves announcers said last night.

However, he is throwing fewer fastballs this year. He is a career 70% fastball thrower and this year he is at 64%. Probably means nothing but it is interesting. Last year he only had 15 games with fewer fastballs than he is averaging so far this year.

Kimbrel recorded three straight K's with runners on 2nd and 3rd, 0 outs. He's fine. Pitchers are human.

Kimbrel recorded three straight K's with runners on 2nd and 3rd, 0 outs. He's fine. Pitchers are human.

It was weird. He looked terrible until then and like a light switch he looked untouchable. Oddly enough (going back to my new obsession) he threw 6 off speed and 7 fastballs to those last 3 guys.

jeffrey francoeur pitched another scoreless inning. maybe he should consider a career switch.

Pujols just hit #500 on his second HR in Washington tonight.

And the Washington fans gave him a curtain call. Don't know if I have ever seen that.

I love seeing Pujols when he's on his game. One of the best hitters I've seen.

Back