• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

Any inning limit on that, 5+?

They're all at least 5 IPs. (IsP?)

Swaggy P threw out a fantastic first pitch at the Dodgers game last night:

osTKoGd.gif

I love Dee Gordon's reaction.

Nationals were 0-16 with RISP last night in a 4-3 12 inning loss.

And had a run on 2 with no outs in 3 of the last 4 innings without pushing him home.

I've mentioned this before, but I'm in a 13-run pool with some friends. Thirty people pay $130 and get assigned a team, $15 goes into the pot every day from the start of the season (Australia games counted). Once someone hits exactly 13 runs, you get however much is in the pot.

It's been like a month and nobody has hit 13 runs, already far surpassing last year's biggest pot. It's somewhere around $500 at this point, just passed that mark yesterday I think. There have been quite a few close calls (13th run stranded in scoring position five or six times, two-run homers in the eighth to score 14, other meaningless runs to put teams over 13 - once on a homer with two outs on an 0-2 count in the ninth), but last night's takes the cake. It's been sooooo entertaining.

Yankees score 13th run in the eighth
Red Sox put in Mike Carp to pitch the ninth since they're down 8 runs and have a depleted bullpen
Texiera walks
McCann grounds into a double play - 2 outs
Gardner walks
Roberts walks
Solarte walks
Ellsbury walks, scoring the 14th run

We have a text message thread to rag on each other and we were going nuts....I was dancing in the street and I'm sure I looked like a goon as I'm gamecasting that last walk.

(There's a second part to the pool where your team has 14 boxes labeled 0-13 and when your team scores, a box gets marked off. Once all 14 boxes are filled, you get $1000 or so)

SB Nation brought attention to these obscure youtubes of Greg Maddux as a 19-year old. This is mesmerizing. He gets shelled after the 3rd inning, but you can see glimpses of greatness. Dat fastball movement.

how lame is this, cubs refused to invite sammy sosa to the wrigley celebration bc they feel like they are owed an apology from him, wat a bunch of BULL

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/10833756/sammy-sosa-sit-make-amends-chicago-cubs

Oh grow up, Cubs.

The Cubs are being awfully weird about Sammy Sosa

There are only two scenarios:

a. It's a short-sighted PR decision made out of some odd fear.

b. There's a behind-the-scenes tinkling match

That last one, translated: Guy in a suit got mad at guy in a uniform, and guy in a uniform hasn't shown the proper deference yet. The problem is that the tinkling is splattering everywhere. Pretending Sosa doesn't exist isn't helping the Cubs at all. It's just an excuse for everyone to point at the Cubs and talk about how weird they're being, while the Cubs fans don't get the opportunity to cheer a player who absolutely defined the franchise for about a 10th of its existence.

Sammy Sosa's Pinterest board is one of the greatest things that's ever happened on the internet.

So not only is Sammy turning white he is turning into a woman?

Batters are hitting .600 (12-22) off Clay Buchholz’ fastball this season. He’s only recorded four swings-and-misses on the pitch this season.

Trivia FACT today:

The Tigers lost the 1909 World Series in seven games despite the heroics of pitcher George Mullin, who pitched three complete games, including a shutout, relieved in another game, and pinch-hit in two other games.

A Story Almost Told.

Good pitching matchup tonight in atlanta: Santana vs. Bailey.

Good article on fivethirtyeight about plate discipline. Dexter fowler is the most disciplined, making a "good decision" 74.2% of the time. The worst is Martin Prado, making a good decision only 62.0%.

Strasburg is averaging north of 1.6 Ks per inning. That's ridiculous.

Back