• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official Bzz-Out Billboard thread - 34% complete

We all know that they would just ignore the donation idea and in all likelihood, put the money towards the Athletic Department.

I don't think that they could legally do that if you have indicated that you want your money to go to a specific area.

You guys really need to keep OGBoards off the billboard. If Wake comes after this thing they will take this website down with it in a hurry, and they would really enjoy doing it.

I would think if they could, Ron Wellman would already have made it so.

b3G60.png

Seems to me this type of thing will absolutely kill recruiting. We do have a pretty nice class coming in who seem to be very excited about being Deacons. This will influence that positive attitude and will really impact any potential future recruits. Hard to believe many recruits will want to commit with a huge billboard in town wanting the coach fired. Making "national news" will definitely impact recruits even more.

For the record, I am BuzzOUT. If I thought a billboard would push RW to make an immediate move then maybe it would be a good idea. However, if a move was going to be made, it would have been already.

I believe that KVegas is right. Unless he's forced to do otherwise, RW will keep Buzz for the next three years. If you want the powers that be to "make a move", you need to demonstrate some committment to making a change. It's a simple choice. Do nothing and let Buzz continue to burn your house down for the next 1 - 3 years. Or fight the fire and risk some water damage.

BuzzOUT! - Till he's gone...

I like #BUZZout
"Missing: ACC Basketball Wins. If found, please return to Winston-Salem". That one gets around all legal issues.

Is there any legal issue using "Buzz" or "Bzz"??? Is he considered a public figure or can he file suit over the use of his name or nickname?

Is that his nickname? I thought that's what we called him.

If you are going to do a billboard, do it next winter. It's basically too late to fire Coach [Redacted] this year anyways- by the time you collect money and actually buy the billboard, it will be mid-april. Do you really want to look for a coach after everyone else has had their pick of the available guys (and during a time in which a new coach would be behind the 8-ball as far as recruiting goes)?

The push needs to be in the winter to early spring.

On the other hand, it may not be too late to reverse the transfers and actually leave the next coach with something to work with. I would also be OK with handing the team to Battle if necessary. So to answer your question as to the right time to fire Buzz? Anytime is a good time and sooner is better than later.

Is there any legal issue using "Buzz" or "Bzz"??? Is he considered a public figure or can he file suit over the use of his name or nickname?

A lawsuit like that would be laughed at by a judge.

He doesn't own the term "Buzz" or the letters B and Z.

Maybe we can get an aerial banner or skywriters overheard during the Spring Game?

I have never done anything like this CafePress deal, so if anybody has any suggestions... feel free to chime in.

I added a couple more options (link)

A couple of examples:

632526782v3_350x350_Front_Color-Black.jpg

632523065v4_350x350_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

632526783v3_350x350_Front_Color-Black.jpg

Back