• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

I think Manning thought he had a chance up until the bell, and I have no problem with him going down swinging. Giles made a dumb decision, and he's dealing with it. His "success" he gets to enjoy at duke is not that much different than what Anthony Bilas gets to enjoy here. "He" won a couple more games than Bilas I guess. If Manning had cooled on Giles given the circumstances, I would have been pissed. You don't get recruits like that (regardless of his current failings) in your backyard that often. You leave it all out there when you do.

It looks a lot better in hindsight, but I agree that he handled it the right way. I even liked his pitch (you'll be a hometown legend, brought in Timmy & CP3).

K has developed a knack for giving NBA prospects flaws.

ACC stats per 40

Harry Giles: 14.7 pts, 13.9 reb
Marques Bolden: 8.5 pts, 7.1 reb
Doral Moore: 14.8 pts, 10.5 reb

So, Coach K turned two five star big man recruits into the equivalent of Doral. And he'll still get more next year. Defies any kind of logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giles unanimously wins Greatest Dissapointment:

24 votes

Beejay Anya second with 15 votes

I just looked at last year's schedule and damn, that team totally tanked.

Yeah. That was a good reason to doubt Manning. Thankfully he improved as a coach.

Hairy Jewels down to 25th on the latest DraftExpress.

Collins to 15th....

:dancindeac::dancindeac:

You can argue that he didn't develop under K and now has limited utility in the NBA.

Pretty easy to argue that you can't develop a big man in 8 months in his 18th year.

Giles putting up better numbers than Grayson Allen so far against Clemson with 8 minutes left. That'll show the haters

Giles draft stock should be going through the roof. 100% shooting from the field.

Also this:

Andrew C‏ @thecarolinaandy Mar 4
More
@_Gillianleigh_ he plays for Duke but he takes classes at NCCU..

harry probably promised her money to keep her quite...and now he aint getting that money lol

Yes, the responses are incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back