• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Honestly I was just trying to pull a Ph on Ph.

Probably already mentioned here somewhere but his final performance was enough to drop him below 4/4 on the year. 3.9 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 2.2 fouls.

That will give him something to shoot for next season at Duke.
He'll be back for another year.

I wonder where HG3PPG would be sitting in mock drafts if he hadn't played a minute of ball this year.

I wonder where HG3PPG would be sitting in mock drafts if he hadn't played a minute of ball this year.

A whole lot higher than he is right now. I don't understand what a front office can see that would lead them to believe he is worthy of a 1st rounder. The only explanation I can think of is a good team who thinks they do not need a contributor right away and are basically buying a lottery ticket (big ticket if you will) hoping he pans out and if he doesn't then oh well.

Giles is in a precarious situation. Right now, even with an injury and tepid performance, his draft stock remains propped up to some degree based upon his rep as the best player in a deep HS class. If he comes back to Duke and is mediocre or worse next year, the NBA will have no interest in him. That situation is different than JC as, based upon his performance this past season, JC has reason to believe that he will do as well if not better next year; Giles has no track record of college success, and big men often get lost at Duke. If Giles comes back does not excel, he is hosed.

His best shot is to make teams believe that this year was almost completely related to his knee injury (actually injuries) and that with another offseason to rehab, he will regain his explosiveness and athleticism. Another year at dook would blow that theory out of the water.

You are completely correct about Giles. however, JC may come back, be better and not have numbers increase. In fact, if Chaundee is as good as advertised, the team should do better while John's personal numbers could be the same or even a tick lower, because we add a high level performer.

Giles should go now because he still has that "potential" label. If he stays another year and still flames out then he's into the second round with "bust" label applied.

Right or wrong, that's how it works.

^ True. Also, everyone just feels terrible about the way things worked out for him. He went from "best HS prospect since Anthony Davis", to "what an underdog story, battling knee injuries, poor Harry".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would anybody advise Giles to go back? This year at Duke killed his stock and Bolden's as well. Even Tatum I think was a consensus top 3 with Giles before the season.

Would anybody advise Giles to go back? This year at Duke killed his stock and Bolden's as well. Even Tatum I think was a consensus top 3 with Giles before the season.

To his credit, K was able to meet all of his goals in signing both Giles and Bolden. Neither was able to play for his rival schools, so congrats to the liter of men.

Back